EDACS bug with BCD996T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I noticed when listening to EDACS on my BCD996T every once-in-a-while when a transmission is done I get the common EDACS " beep beep beep beep " sound, then I hear the squelch tail, and it finally goes back to the control channel and resumes normal operation. None of my other scanners have this problem (Uniden BC780XLT, BC796, BC246T, PRO-96), so I'm pretty certain it's not a programming/bad freq issue. Has anyone else had this happen on the 996?

GTO_04

Hmmmmm, the 396 had that problem too! A firmware update helped that considerably, but it still does it on occasion. Now it doesn't aggravate me as much since it doesn't happen so much LOL! The beeps would happen on an EDACS transmission that happened just after a Motorola digital transmission (in a different system).

It seems odd that the newer 996 would do that.

GTO_04

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
He says his 996 does it. On my 396 and 996 it is a millisecond of beep unless I have signal loss and then it can be the whole sequence of beeps.

GTO_04

DaveIN said:
He says his 996 does it. On my 396 and 996 it is a millisecond of beep unless I have signal loss and then it can be the whole sequence of beeps.

Yeah, I meant to say 996, typo on my part.

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.