Not open for further replies.

mikey60

jlm7424 said:
I want to program this entire edacs standard radio system into my PSR600
using either win500 or arc500 so is their a way to make
91 sites share 1 set of 33 tgids

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=706
91 sites wanted the state patrol tgids

No, there is no way to share the TGRP object between those sites. You would have to duplicate the TGPR objects for each site.

Mike

DonS

jlm7424 said:
Can multiple site be in one system like
lcn 1-7 -space- 1-6 and so on???
No, because the radio wouldn't know if you had two separate "sites", or if you had entered LCNs 1-7 and 9-14, with LCN 8 unused by the system.

I have to wonder why you'd need all 91 sites at one time, though. Surely you can't be within range of all of them at once? Why not just break them up geographically and use V-Folders? For example, if you can be within 20 sites at a time, create 20 TSYS objects, each with all 33 TGRPs (that would take about 40% of the available object space). Create multiple V-Folders for various geographic areas. A few key presses as you move between geographic areas would then load up a new set of 20 sites.

Last edited:

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
It is pretty ridiculous that the radio doesn't handle something as common as multi-site systems any better. I have a 996 and a 500, and what strikes me as odd is that neither of them quite seem to have gotten it. They each are part of the way there, but neither has it quite right.

The 996 has an incredibly ridiculous 250-talkgroups-per-system limit, but does handle multi-site trunking easily -- especially with GPS support. The 500 has no such limitation on TGs per system, but no GPS support, and if you live within range of a dozen sites of an EDACS system with 150 talkgroups, you chew up all 1,800 of your "objects" just replicating TGs on each site-as-a-fake-"system".

Come on, firmware programmers.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
A dozen sites would be impossibly long to scan each CC without missing a boatload of transmissions... Use VScanners.

JLM7424

Ummm..

rdale said:
A dozen sites would be impossibly long to scan each CC without missing a boatload of transmissions... Use VScanners.

Its a statewide ed /trs i wanted to listen to the highway patrol as i drive a semi truck across all 412 miles of I-80 my 996t does it just fine i guess this grecom 600 is not all its cracked up to be if it cant even do something as simple as multisite-edacs Uniden figured it out whats gre's problem .

All they need to do is make all the sites in one setup look at 1 scanlist tgids ,they did it with the motorola files their should be a simple enough way to do it !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.