Effects Of Updating DB With Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcf

When you update the DB with Sentinel is it smart enough where it will automatically update your favorites or do you have to build you favorites up from scratch again?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Updating the main database will not change any favorite list. If you want new database entries to be added to a favorite list, either copy and paste or use the "Edit / Add Channels on Range" tool.

rwier

Regularly update the DB whether you think you need it or not. At the same time, check the RR Frequency DB for yellow or green colors in areas that you have affiliated FL data. The best way I know to keep up with changes that affect you.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Uniden made a conscious decision for Sentinel to NOT update Favorites Lists when the master database is updated.

Lots of folks customize or otherwise tweak Favorites Lists and and auto update would upset that work.

Typically very little changes are made to established radio systems. When there are, its not too much trouble to manual update a Favorites List.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
There was a thread on here a while back (But do you think I can find it now? NNOOOO....) started by a user who developed a program called "Favorites List Helper", which, IIRC, would look for differences between your updated database & your favorites lists, but would overlook changes you made in the description field. (A lot of users, like myself, edit the text in those boxes.) So if a new frequency or talkgroup popped up which was not in any of your favorites lists, it would flag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.