El Paso County DTRS communications problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

El Paso County DTRS communications problems

Today, starting around noon, I began seeing El Paso County agency TGs showing up on Cheyenne Mountain. Typically they are all DENIED on Cheyenne Mountain and they are supposed to use only Zone-4 sites.

So I began listening to El Paso County SO, Colo Springs PD, Fountain PD, and many others and they were all trying to get hold of their dispatchers and were unable to do so. Lots of radio checks followed as well.

I don't know what happened today but all the normally Zone-4 users are still being allowed on the Zone-6 Cheyenne Mtn site.

I will listen some more later and try to see what happened. I only have my Pro96Com on Cheyenne Mtn so I am not able to tell what happened on the Zone-4 sites earlier today.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Springs fire and El Paso County coming in at 5 bars on a Pro-106 stock antenna in South Central Douglas County. Never better here. Will it last, I wonder?

dw2872

Not hearing dispatch over the Cheyenne Mtn sites on the El Paso County TGs, coupled with some users not hearing dispatch, scares me into thinking they are switching to encryption.

I am hearing dispatch on the Zone-4 sites though, do that is good. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Cryptolog

Premium Subscriber
In Woodland Park, I'm hearing CSP 2B dispatch simo on the local DTRS site and the old VHF statewide 3, 154.905 156.7. Cars can be on either one.

dw2872

In Woodland Park, I'm hearing CSP 2B dispatch simo on the local DTRS site and the old VHF statewide 3, 154.905 156.7. Cars can be on either one.

Yes, CSP 2B has been able to be on most Zone-4 sites for a while now (still denied on some like Templeton Gap though)

Today, besides being on 2BE, they are also on 2BW, Ops-2, and a MAC channel, probably due to Labor Day weekend saturation. The VHF thing maybe due to that or DTRS comms problems.

dw2872

It looks like they booted all of the El Paso County users (and there were a lot) off of the Cheyenne Mountain site at about 6 pm yesterday evening. I am guessing it was an emergency allowance for them to be on there for about 6 hours for some reason.

radio

Premium Subscriber
There was a lot of traffic on the "C" channels with downtown activities yesterday plus a high volume on the Pike's Peaks Rangers and SAR channels with all the visitors up there. Between them and the regular city and county emergency services, Stanley Canyon tower and others, was buzzing. I only listen to Cheyenne Mtn when a Medevac helicopter has been requested so I didn't notice the extra traffic on that tower.

dw2872

All of the CSPD and EPSO TGs sound clear to me. I started listening before 8 am today.

Are you hearing that on one of the feeds?

YoungMeezy

monitoring with my HomePatrol. I think i'm just getting interference from things around the house, I use it right next to my computer. Going to try different locations

Status
Not open for further replies.