Emission Designator

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Can a P25 conventional channel have an emission designator 11K2F3E. There are some frequencies that are listed in the database as P25 but have that emission

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
11K2F3E is for analog narrowband FM, not P25. So technically the answer is "no", that emission is not correct for P25 conventional usage.

That being said, licensees often do whatever they feel like without much regard for what is actually licensed. That includes using digital modes when they are only licensed for analog emissions, or sometimes using repeater pairs backwards, etc.

cubn

Database Admin
I've also seen where the DB admin changed the Radioreference database simply based on adding DMR emission code to the FCC license even though the agency continues to use analog.:mad:

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
I've also seen where the DB admin changed the Radioreference database simply based on adding DMR emission code to the FCC license even though the agency continues to use analog.:mad:

That seems like an admin who is just making changes for the sake of it. I know I have personally driven to locations close enough so that I can confirm something I want to update. There's almost something exciting about the "hunt" for accurate information. Maybe that's just me...

Either way shame on those admins who do not check the accuracy of what they add/change.

Status
Not open for further replies.