EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNNY05B6

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program my pro 197 scanner to pick up Windsor EMS its Motorola type 2 smart zone and I am using win 500 program I hear nothing on any channels can somebody tell me if this scanner will pick this up and tell me how to program this in? Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
According to Radio Reference database, the Windsor Ontario Type 2 system in Essex Co may now be deprecated. There is a new P25 Phase 1 system which your scanner will receive. Set it up as P25 AUTO with Default T-Tables. Your scanner will also do Motorola Type 2 systems. You will not be able to monitor police. They are all encrypted.

Last edited:

JOHNNY05B6

Premium Subscriber
According to Radio Reference database, the Windsor Ontario Type 2 system in Essex Co may now be deprecated. There is a new P25 Phase 1 system which your scanner will receive. Set it up as P25 AUTO with Default T-Tables. Your scanner will also do Motorola Type 2 systems. You will not be able to monitor police. They are all encrypted.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is a forum for Ontario. I suggest that you start a thread there to get more information about the Windsor system. I am a little out of range to check it out from my location. Once you find if the Type 2 or P25 system is active, you can come back here and get more help for your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.