Encrypted or not

ELITEscanner

I remember asking if a frequency I wanted to program was encrypted or not and received many replies. I went back to that original post because members posted a screenshot that showed if a frequency was encrypted or not. Can someone tell me where I can find where this info is? I attached a screenshot of what someone posted on my last postScreenshot (638).png

TIA!

Last edited:

murse_joe

On the database it'll say something under Mode. The ones that are encrypted will have an E next to them. Some will have a lower case e meaning encrypted some of the time.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 101911.png

ELITEscanner

On the database it'll say something under Mode. The ones that are encrypted will have an E next to them. Some will have a lower case e meaning encrypted some of the time.

View attachment 156945
Yeah, I seem to remember the TE/Te. But, I can't seem to find where to get to that screenshot you posted. I have attached a screenshot of something CLOSE to what yours looks like but it is obviously not the same. How do I get to that screenshot you posted?

murse_joe

Are you looking for North Caldwell?

You're looking at the conventional channels. They don't have 'encryption' in the same way. If you click the link that says NJICS where it says have migrated, you'll be able to see em.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I remember asking if a frequency I wanted to program was encrypted or not and received many replies.
Can someone tell me where I can find where this info is?
For trunked radio systems
Info you're looking for is in the MODE column of any given TRS's database entry. Hovering your mouse cursor over said MODE column header will give you a summary of what each letter signifies
1708467380876.png

For conventional frequencies
Same general idea. Uppercase "E" suffix denotes full encryption (P25E, DMRE, NXDNE) & lowercase "e" suffix denotes partial encryption (P25e, DMRe, NXDNe)

Last edited: