Encrypted Police Department Question

cms1528

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Could someone please direct me to a list or link that will give me a solid idea what police departments in central Maryland are fully encrypted. I’ve search the forum but not having to much luck.

I’m specifically curious about the Baltimore County Police Department as well as others in that area. Thanks.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Howard County Sheriffs, Anne Arundel Police, Anne Arundel Sheriffs, and Annapolis PD are fully encrypted. Baltimore City dispatch I believe is in the clear but officers are encrypted.

All jurisdictions have encrypted tac channels even if their dispatch is in the clear.

MD NRP is encrypted.

Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne, Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester, Wicomico, Somerset, Worcester, and Ocean City are also fully encrypted.

Some western/southern counties are also encrypted too.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County dispatch talk groups are in the clear atm.

hill

Premium Subscriber
All the tools are in this site to find out these a answers on your own. Spend some time surfing the site with a lot good information that you will find. All is under the database tab above.

See the example for link to Baltimore County's TRS below. Anything with E is fulltime encrypted and Anything with e is part time encrypted.

BinaryMode

Here you go, man. These are all the encrypted talk groups in DEC and HEX (you more than likely use DEC) that are current for FIRST system as of this post.

There are only three partially encrypted talk groups, and they are as follows:

Maryland Department of Information Technology
8561 FIRST Admin1

Queen Anne's County
11323 QA DetCntr1 Detention Center 1
11324 QA DetCntr2 Detention Center 2

Attachments

• Baltimore_TE.zip
    4 KB · Views: 8

cms1528

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much. This is really very helpful. Gives me a chance to do some more research over the weekend.

BinaryMode

You're most certainly welcome. I did this same thing for all the encrypted talkgroups for my state system and uploaded it as well. I figured since I know how to do it I'd chime in here as well.

I should make note of the following statement I made, and I quote:

ME said:
that are current for FIRST system as of this post.

Rather that are current as of this post from this website's database. The database changes all the time so you'll want to stay abreast of those changes. I personally just go to "File" in the browser and save as an HTML document. Then I always have the Info. I also keep an archive to compare and contrast with.

Oh, and it appears the county is in large part unencrypted.

ehuber317

Premium Subscriber
I have spent the last two evenings listening to the Baltimore County site and I believe they are all encrypted now. I haven't heard a single hit on the entire site. Is anyone receiving anything?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Broadcastify is in the clear, so likely your location or programming is the issue.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County Police are in clear. Some specialized talkgroups are encrypted like hostage negotiator and Swat, but the dispatch and local tacs are in the clear.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Glad it's now working for you.

I really don't monitor the local police too often.

Mainly just fire on the G4 and G5. Might have one them on Essex if something is going on or I see blue and red lights. We have had some big crimes in Eastern Baltimore lately.