Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrps801

OK,

I am pretty new to the forum, and I am looking into buying a scanner. I want to make this clear before I buy anything. I have searched and found little answers, but is it 100% impossible to pick up an encrypted signal? I want Niagara Regional Police (Ontario) Grimsby TAC, but I don't think it will work. I want to get the UNIDEN BCD396T. Thanks in advance.

NRPS801

gregmoss

Sure you could receive them, but no scanner could ever decode encryption signals. Their totally secure. It's agianst the law too even try too decode encryption, and you'll face a major fine and major jail time. If you could find a way too decode encryption signals.

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
You can receive the signal, but all you will hear is gibberish. So if you're area is 100% encrypted nothing will work.

Do keep in mind there is a difference between encrypted and digital.

The 396/996, 500/600 and 96/2096 radios will receive digital signals but will not decrypt an encrypted signal. Also, no scanner will receive an EDACS Pro-voice system.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
uniden 396

OK,

I am pretty new to the forum, and I am looking into buying a scanner. I want to make this clear before I buy anything. I have searched and found little answers, but is it 100% impossible to pick up an encrypted signal? I want Niagara Regional Police (Ontario) Grimsby TAC, but I don't think it will work. I want to get the UNIDEN BCD396T. Thanks in advance.

NRPS801
You can not receive the Niagara Regional Police with any scanner or the Niagara Parks Police In Niagara, they are encrypted, also any other encrypted signals can not be listen too with the 396 or other scanners.
Steve

Last edited:

nrps801

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure about these things. I barely know about scanners haha. Is it possible to put it on like a scan so that whenever someone talks on one of the tacs it comes up?

af5rn

Sure you could receive them, but no scanner could ever decode encryption signals. Their totally secure. It's agianst the law too even try too decode encryption, and you'll face a major fine and major jail time.
Yeah, in fact, they're having to build more prisons everyday just to keep up with all the people being given "major jail time" for it. An entire county in Saskatchewan is being set aside as a detention facility for all those caught trying to listen to the NRP. The problem is huge. Definitely be scared. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.