Error Code 10 on Radio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgowen44

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I am having a perplexing issues with the radio feed software. This has occurred since changing to a new PC to run the feeds. The Error states 'Error Code 10- Unable to write data to transport connection-An existing connection was forcibly close by the remote host" I checked a few things and these were results:

I do not have this feed on a different computer running simultaneously
I have the updated version of Radio Feed.
My internet connection is fine. I have reset router, computer, etc. Even if I had an internet outage, the feed should resume once outage is done. I have another feed on a separate PC that never has this issue.

All Windows updates have been done

This issue is intermittent.. Sometimes it happens after 5 hours, other times it happens after 24+ hours

I used to use Scanner Cast on this feed previously. That computer has since ben retired and taken to range to be put out of its misery. (Old Win XP machine with 512 MEGS of ram lol.

The computer is connected using Ethernet connected directly to Netgear router

No other device in house are having any issues

I sent a message on proscan.org, however, they told me to check my internet connection and referred me to a post involving connection issues. As I mentioned, all other feeds I have hosted would simply reconnect if there was an outage. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks again

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I'm having the same problem. I have replaced my modem and wireless mesh, had the broadband company out to check my service and I'm still having this issue. Have you been able to fix this?

Thanks!
Ben

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same problem. I have replaced my modem and wireless mesh, had the broadband company out to check my service and I'm still having this issue. Have you been able to fix this?

Thanks!
Ben
What type of scanner?
Did you see this on the proscan.org FAQ page?
Q: I'm using the Source Client feature to stream audio to Broadcastify. I'm experiencing intermittent dropped connections.
A: Intermittent connections could be caused by your computer, NIC card, cables, router, ISP, far end, etc. It's suggested by a few users to use a tool called PingPlotter to isolate where the problem is.

Ensure you're not using AVG Anti-Virus software as that will interrupt TCP traffic.

If using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi, click the URL Audio Setup button and see if excessive Packet Loss shows in the dialog. Wi-Fi interference or a flaky Dongle could cause excessive packet loss. Move the dongle and scanner to another location to see if the packet loss decreases.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I’m using Norton avg
It is a bcd536hp WiFi
Audio packet loss is 0.04%

Did this problem just started or has it always been that way?
Perhaps use PingPlotter to narrow in on the problem.
Also see this post on the scanner Wi-Fi interference that could be the root of the problem

Last edited:

kd7jfv

Database Admin
This error started a few months ago. I was having problems with other wireless devices so I had my ISP come out and test everything. They said I needed a new router/modem and replaced the coax from their service box to the modem as well as the modem and linksys VELOP mesh. Still have the problem. I'm running pingplotter now, we shall see what it shows.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I'm not sure how to interpret the above screen shot but thats what pingplotter is showing

Feed Provider
The computer is connected using Ethernet connected directly to Netgear router
Go into properties of your network adapter and make sure any power saving or 'magic packet' nonsense is not enabled. That causes grief for alot of people with intermittent connection drops.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I just spent the better part of two hours on the phone with Linksys resetting all my router settings. Narrowed it down to a bad wifi card on my laptop :-( I will try to have the laptop plugged into ethernet and see if this problem continues.

a417

Narrowed it down to a bad wifi card on my laptop :-( I will try to have the laptop plugged into ethernet and see if this problem continues.
If it does go away, that doesn't necessarily mean that the card is "bad" unless there is an actual fault/error code associated with a high ping time.

Many times people forget that 2.4 GHz is shared with things like microwave ovens, zigbee devices, baby monitors and other poorly regulated wireless devices. All you need is something like a ratty old microwave near you that gets used infrequently and boom, you have a dropout problem you will be chasing for months. it doesn't have to blot out the entire signal, it just has to screw up enough frames for the ends to say "hey, lets resend this again...i got nonsense" and up goes the retry count and down goes your thruput.

...that being said, streaming anything over a wireless connection is sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.