Eversource DMR

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Does Eversource have no sites in Region 4 , New London, Windham, Tolland? Am I missing something, or do they just not have any?

cg

Premium Subscriber
There are sites all over the state. Are you searching 217-217.5 or are you simply going by the RR database?
The Uniden scanners will not scan them though.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
There are sites all over the state. Are you searching 217-217.5 or are you simply going by the RR database?
The Uniden scanners will not scan them though.

I am using the database. I am plugging it into a BlueTail P25X, you can't scan with that.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I have the P25RX original, not the V2. These 217mhz channels are used for voice.
Ahh ok understand. I have the II version and assumed they all scanned. OK I put all the freqs in my Whistler just for the heck of it. Haven't heard anything yet but will keep scanning. Put them all in conventionally for now.
OK Update... just heard voice on 217.1325 .. color code 5... TG 6012

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are supposed to do all sorts of stuff, voice is one part. I don't know if they will do stuff like closing or opening power circuits but I suppose they could. But more likely would be reporting status across the networks. I am a bit surprised there hasn't been any DMR location traffic but I don't believe the system is 100% operational yet as there seem to be lowband patches still in place.
I don't know if the 900MHz system (OpenSky?) is going to be replaced by the 217 MHz stuff as I believe they have a lot of equipment out there using it.

chris

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
They are supposed to do all sorts of stuff, voice is one part. I don't know if they will do stuff like closing or opening power circuits but I suppose they could. But more likely would be reporting status across the networks. I am a bit surprised there hasn't been any DMR location traffic but I don't believe the system is 100% operational yet as there seem to be lowband patches still in place.
I don't know if the 900MHz system (OpenSky?) is going to be replaced by the 217 MHz stuff as I believe they have a lot of equipment out there using it.

chris
Interesting, thanks Chris for the info. I never even noticed the system in the Db. I have to start paying more attention ;)

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Uniden scanners will not trunktrack this Tait system. You should get the Bristol control channel on 217.44375

cg

Premium Subscriber
Depends how high up you get and where in NL County.
I can pick up 10 control channels in Granby from the CT DMR and 3 CC's from the MA MPT1327.

I just updated the SNE WIKI with sites & TGIDs

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
To find active sites, search 217.00000 - 217.50000 in 6.25KHz steps. You may need to step through manually

Reading a couple posts here that say a Uniden Scanner will not trunk track this system.

I'm assuming that we're talking about Uniden scanners that haven't been given a DMR software upgrade and that a Uniden scanner such as a 996P2 could track it IF it had a DMR software upgrade ?

Anyone have more info on this ?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Do not assume that. There is likely an issue with Uniden firmware where it cannot trunktrack certain types of DMR systems have come online since the passing of UPMAN, the late Uniden guru. This Tait system and some Hytera TIII systems cannot be trunktracked by Uniden scanners including those with DMR upgrades and the latest firmware.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Whistlers can't actually trunktrack DMR per se - the word has been that if the system isn't very busy, it may work, but the busier the system is, the more these radios will fall behind.

Mike

Thanks for the info. I’m going to try to do some monitoring of this system with a DMR upgraded 996. There’s only 3 voice frequencies per tower site. It might be possible to at least see how much activity there is and what it’s being used for. I’ve got few programming ideas to try. 🤷‍♂️

The Eversource low band system still gets some use in Litchfield county depending on what’s going on.

Hoping we may see some Uniden upgrades that can eventually track a system like this.

if anyone has luck with Whistler equipment keep us updated please.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe all the mobiles are installed yet. I have logged 64 TGs so far but many are quiet. Keep in mind that with affiliations and the large number of sites, you may not hear much traffic on a single site. There is also a lot of automated data activity on the network.