• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EX-S24 with Brandmeister

HowardSmall

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed my EX-S24 to work with Brandmeister via my MMDVM hotspot. Everything works except I do not have any audio when receiving. I have both the EX-S24 and and FDP DMR radio programmed. With both I can transmit to the Australian Brandmeister Parrot and both receive the signal back. Trouble is the FDP gives audio but the EX-S24 has a flashing green led indicating RF is being received but there is no audio.
I have searched every possible setting and cannot find the cause of the problem. If anyone has experience with programming these radios can you please offer your suggestions?
Thanks,
Howard, VK4BS

dickie757

Wired
Might be an ID issue. Do the radios work with each other? Is it a duplex hotspot? Color code correct? Timeslot? When you talk to Polly, is it a programmed channel, or manual TG select? Get the radios to talk to each other, or a different repeater to narrow potentional issues.

HowardSmall

Premium Subscriber
Might be an ID issue. Do the radios work with each other? Is it a duplex hotspot? Color code correct? Timeslot? When you talk to Polly, is it a programmed channel, or manual TG select? Get the radios to talk to each other, or a different repeater to narrow potentional issues.
All seem correct - hotspot simplex, TS 1 on both radios, programmed and manual TG select, have not tired the radios talking to each other which may give a clue so will try that, thanks.

HowardSmall

Premium Subscriber
Well I have it working now. There are many settings in the CPS for this radio that are quite obscure and it took me, literally, hours to get it all sorted out. If anyone else gets their hands on one of these they may find the attached images helpful when programming. By the way, they are a neat little radio and I was lucky to pick one up in new condition at an auction for AUD75.

Attachments

• EVX-S24 Channel Info.jpg
    EVX-S24 Channel Info.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 23
  • EVX-S24 contact List.jpg
    EVX-S24 contact List.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 21