DMR question (Static TG's Brandmeister)

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
What I am trying to do is modify my codeplugs for my mobile and HT radios. When I first got into DMR I programmed both radios with SCAN LISTS for the 2 DMR systems in my area. Not knowing that most of these TG's you have to "kerchunk" repeater to hear anything. So I have all the Brandmeister (about 25) and NEDECN (about 16) talk groups in scan lists. I was able to go to the NEDECN website to find my local repeater and it shows a few TG's that you DON'T have to kerchunk to hear. So I edited my scan list for the NEDECN (W1OP) repeater to only scan those "static(?) TG's......But I can't find on Brandmeister which TG's do not need kerchunking to hear via scanning. So it is kind of pointless really to have scan lists for DMR. I researched this and saw conflicting info.....so now I am confusing dynamic with static.

Alarms50

What I am trying to do is modify my codeplugs for my mobile and HT radios. When I first got into DMR I programmed both radios with SCAN LISTS for the 2 DMR systems in my area. Not knowing that most of these TG's you have to "kerchunk" repeater to hear anything. So I have all the Brandmeister (about 25) and NEDECN (about 16) talk groups in scan lists. I was able to go to the NEDECN website to find my local repeater and it shows a few TG's that you DON'T have to kerchunk to hear. So I edited my scan list for the NEDECN (W1OP) repeater to only scan those "static(?) TG's......But I can't find on Brandmeister which TG's do not need kerchunking to hear via scanning. So it is kind of pointless really to have scan lists for DMR. I researched this and saw conflicting info.....so now I am confusing dynamic with static.
With Brandmeister you can look at the individual repeater's page in Brandmeister Dashboard . From there click on "Repeaters", then enter a callsign in the Search box. Scroll down along the left side and it should display which talkgroups are assigned as Full-Time and which slot they are assigned to.

If your radio has the capability of doing "promiscuous mode" (Anytone for example labels it as "Monitor Mode (single or dual slot)), you don't even need scan lists, as the radio is listening for all transmissions coming from that repeater.