Experiment: Build Your Own Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofartid

Channel Addition

East and West MRCC would be awesome if you can add that. Great site! Keep up the good work!

winger

Safety??

For the safety of the professional golfers and for the privacy of Chaska PD - Johnmoe - I advise you don't add Chaska PD's event channel. They will most likely be using an encrypted Carver Tac channel anyways.

Professional Golfers and Chaska PD demand more safety than the rest in public safety? This app is not a security concern. Listening to public safety covering a golf game is no different then monitoring the Twins, Vikings, Lynx, Timberwolves or the dozen of other events that broadcast just fine on the ARMER system.
I would be in favor to hear those talk groups too! However I leave all final decisions to Mr. Moe! :)

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I'd guess much of the Ryder Cup stuff will be on ME-Tac and S-Tac talkgroups since there will likely be many agencies involved, not just Chaska and Carver County.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

westhennepin

Premium Subscriber
Here is the Life Link info if it's possible to add any of these:

Life Link III - Air Medical Service Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
2115 843 D LL3 INFLIGHT Flight Follow - Statewide EMS Dispatch
2117 845 D LL3 TAC 1 Tac 1 - Statewide EMS-Tac
2119 847 D LL3 ALEX DI Alexandria Dispatch EMS Dispatch
2121 849 D LL3 ANOKA DI Anoka Dispatch EMS Dispatch
2123 84b D LL3 WILL DI Willmar Dispatch EMS Dispatch
2125 84d D LL3 HIBB DI Hibbing Dispatch EMS Dispatch

Also, any chance of adding Chisago County?

If not is it on any other feeds that anyone knows about? I'm unable to receive it at my house.

Thanks again John for the great site!

Braeden

Premium Subscriber
This is absolutely awesome! Thank you very much for this! I see you currently have Goodhue County L main's 1 & 2. Is it possible to add the Goodhue County Fire and EMS main? I work for one of the ambulance services in Goodhue County and would love to hear that if possible.

21007- GD FEMAIN

Thanks,
Braeden

Last edited:

MNEMT1

RIP free feed. Thank you for the scanner John, it was honestly one of the coolest free items I've ever experienced.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As said in a song "They say that all good things must end some day."

This was an excellent service and very much appreciated!

westhennepin

Premium Subscriber
Thanks John!

I'm truly sad to see this site go away. It was an amazing site John and I do appreciate all your hard work on it. I was and am still willing to pay for your site or a site like this. There are some areas I'm unable to get on my scanners due to my location so this site was extremely helpful to me. Once again thanks John!

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Saw the post about the site closing has been removed... Does this mean it's staying?

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Oops, the machine rebooted to apply an OS update and the message disappeared.

Is there any possible way to keep the metro talkgroups up and running? I've talked with countless folks who are very saddened by it leaving...

semiwrecker1

Ever since I found this feed I have even bothered to turn on my Bc796d, as this feed has all the freqs and TGs I want ...how can I get a list of all the carver and state patrol freqs and tac channels

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Thank You @JohnMoe1

@JohnMoe1... thank you!

You have provided a service to Minnesota that all but disappeared since the Armer System came online in Minnesota. I have only been aware of your project and listening for a couple of months and i have thoroughly enjoyed listening daily. Your project works exceptionally well and is the ONLY resource that i am aware of that provided a free scanner service to the public of Minnesota, particularly Dakota County, whom for whatever reason feel it necessary to be opaque in their transparency of government policy... being the only county in the Twin Cities lacking public feed access online at any of the various radio sites active today.

I know I am not alone in saying that I am disappointed and saddened to see your project go away with little more than a small alert at the top of your interface that announced the site was closing. (see attached screen shots for those unaware) Your efforts have been very much enjoyed no doubt.

That said... personally am fortunate to receive SS for a disability and due to that my budget is tighter than a... well you get the picture. It totally sucks to learn that what has been traditionally (prior to the Armer system) and a service you have provided to the Twin Cities area cost free for over a year, is now going to be a for profit endeavor. I have emailed radio1033 to inquire about the cost and they replied asked me to call them, which i have not done yet, but I don't see any extra $$$ magically appearing in my future to subscribe to such a service. Nevermind affording a trunking scanner til they come down considerably in price.

My apologies, by no means am I a whiner, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents of disappointment and offer you a very sincere THANK YOU! scanner.johnmoe.com will be missed!!!

Thanks again. Good luck in all you do sir!

Attachments

• johnmoe scanner site closing.jpg
    johnmoe scanner site closing.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 277
Status
Not open for further replies.