External accessory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Sheldon as far as I know the answer is no. It is not an easy skill to remove components and replace them on new printed circuit boards. Do without the scanner a week or two and get it fixed the correct way.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As I understand it, there are two different issues covered by the RTC repair campaign. One is as mentioned, the RTC and the other is a fading display.

You could get past the RTC issue by always leaving the scanner powered up. With the fading display you could use a Virtual Control program such as ARC536 Pro.

FWIW, I bit the bullet and sent both mine back to Uniden. It was about a 3 week turnaround with 2 of those weeks being transit time. A guy could make an argument either way on whether this is a good time or bad to ship via UPS given Christmas present shipping going on.

se

I wont leave my 536hp running 24/7 because that would significantly increase my monthly electricity rates. and Ive been usibng ARC software ever since I bought my 536hp.

Sheldon.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Do you unplug the walwart as well? It's probably nearly the same on or off.

Have you checked it? I doubt if it's a watt or 2.

I wont leave my 536hp running 24/7 because that would significantly increase my monthly electricity rates. and Ive been usibng ARC software ever since I bought my 536hp.

Sheldon.

se

Hi.

I have the AC adapter plugged into where it connects to the scanner and then the other end with the 2 prongs plugged into a APC BACKups multioutlet power supply.

Sheldon.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Wow! I knew Canadians were, uh, frugal, but this is a bit extreme. Do you unplug your TVs, DVR, computers, and other things at night? All of those use more electricity than the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.