vdcceo

Premium Subscriber
After updating library then updating objects how do I see what changed. like
updated skipped
Conventional 3 4
Trunked systems 2 1

What got updated and did it update to the scanner

jonsmth

I don't think you can tell what specific objects were changed. The software always asks me if I want to update my library with the changes once I've downloaded them. I always answer yes. I NEVER connect the scanner directly to the computer unless I want to verify the firmware in the scanner. I just take out the SD micro card and plug it into the computer directly. (Much faster at updating than when installed in the scanner). Once I've allowed the computer to update the changes, I copy the library to the SD micro card. That way any changes made to the library will be made in the scanner.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
You can't which is why I manually run an update on the systems.

How do you do a ”manual” update? The fact we don’t see what is changed drives me nuts! So instead I never do he updates, I only update the library itself. I rename most of the tags I use, the tags I. The RR dB are ok, but not to my liking, so I customize them and I don’t want mine over written. So I wish I could see what changes “would have been Made” so I could add manually....

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
How do you do a ”manual” update?

Just go in as though you were going to add the system and select what you need, setting scanlist, TGs, Sites all over again. Make sure you check (under import options) to ignore Alpha Tags and Scanlists.

Screenshot 2020-05-08 22.12.01.png

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Just go in as though you were going to add the system and select what you need, setting scanlist, TGs, Sites all over again. Make sure you check (under import options) to ignore Alpha Tags and Scanlists.

View attachment 84514

Gotcha, thanks. I do some of that, but I thought you had something else up your sleeve you were calling "manual".... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.