EZ Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

springer9861

Hi All,
Just ordered a new TRX-1 and was wanting to download the EZ Scan software before I my scanner comes. I went to Youtube and watched a video on how to download it. When I go to the Whistler site and pick TRX-1. What comes up is several files I can download. It looks nothing like what was on youtube. I'm running windows 10 on my laptop. Attached is what I see to download: Is one of these what I need ? I did create an account on Whistler groups to see if that changed anything and it didn't. Thanks for any and all help....
1604423262962.png

kruser

Premium Subscriber
You want the TRX_1Install file at the bottom of your list.
I think Whistler pretty much retired the EZ Scan name these days. At least for the models with the Whistler name on the radio. It's still essentially the same software though, just under a new name more specific to each model now.

springer9861

Thanks Kruser for the reply. I thought that’s the one I needed. I’m going to start with the zip code programming for now. When I get comfortable with the ez I’ll play around with talk groups and such then. Thanks

rayvelcoro

Thanks Kruser for the reply. I thought that’s the one I needed. I’m going to start with the zip code programming for now. When I get comfortable with the ez I’ll play around with talk groups and such then. Thanks
Are you an experienced scanner user? The zip code method can be problematic by leaving you with an disorganized mess. The “preferred method” may serve you better. I made the mistake of using the zip code method on my first attempt at programming.

springer9861

thanks for the imput on the zip code method ray. This will be my first scanner so it’s all new to me. I reached out to a guy in northern Ohio that will program my sd card for Ross county for $25,00. I would like to learn how to do it myself. If you don’t mind me asking how did the zip code method leave you with a mess ? I’ve been reading and watching videos on it. I know it seems to load everything within range. I’m still learning about talk groups and how to make and organize them. I’ve downloaded the ez scan on my computer and have been trying to learn how it works. It’s kind of overwhelming but I’m sure I can learn to use it in the near future.

DJ11DLN

Watch the videos, read up on it, experiment with it. You won't break anything and it's really not that difficult once you get the gist of how it works. Don't pay somebody $$$ to do your card when you can do it yourself in a few to 30 or so minutes (depends on how much stuff you want in there to listen to and organization, scanlists, V-Scanner folders, etc etc). Once you learn it, you can customize as much as you want and make any changes/additions/deletions without having to pay more $$$ out.

Ask any questions you need to, there are a ton of great people here willing to help out.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I’m still learning about talk groups and how to make and organize them. I’ve downloaded the ez scan on my computer and have been trying to learn how it works. It’s kind of overwhelming but I’m sure I can learn to use it in the near future.

Check out the PDF in my other post, it might help you.

springer9861

DJ. I do want to learn how to program the TRX-1 on my own. I’ve been watching videos and reading about it. Starting to get the hang of it.

TA. Thanks for the info about emailing Whistler for help. I hope it doesn’t come to that but it nice to know its there !

N1. I did read the pdf in your post. Very helpful and really cleared up some questions I had. Thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.