EZscan: Problems with "Library Import" feature

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying "Library Import" within EZscan to add a local gas company's talkgroups and getting grief.

I've selected my location (in this case, "Canada > Ontario > Ottawa") and "Trunked System" data types, then clicked "Next" to select the system I want (in this case, "OnQ Network") and click "sites" to go to next screen.

It's a large sytem with multiple sites, so I select one near me ("Dwyer Hill"), then click "talkgroups" to go to the next screen.

The "talkgroups" page again has multiples, so I select only my city ("Ottawa") and the "talkgroup listings" below auto-populate. Again, several talkgroups show up, so I unselect those leaving only the gas company (Enbridge) in which I am interested.

Then I click the "import selected channels" button on the bottom to go to the next screen.

On the "Import Selected Channels" screen, I unselect the default scanlist in favour of the scanlist into which I actually want to import. EZscan tells me that's going to be 1 Trunked Radio System, 1 Trunked Site, and 14 Trunked Talkgroups. Looking good, so I hit "Import Channels". The "Import Progress" bars all show 100%, and the imported cannels show the 1 Trunked Radio System, 1 Trunked Site, and 14 Trunked Talkgroups that I had been expecting. So I hit "done" in the dialogue box.

But when I go check the Scanlist into which I had imported it, there's nothing there.

So, what am I doing wrong?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What scanner are you using? If you do not have a TRX 1 or 2 it will not load into the scanner as it is NXDN. Check the TRUNKED tab and see if it is listed there, and if it is check the talkgroups tab and see which scanlist they say they are in.

You are sure you selected the proper scan list you want them in, not just uncheck the default, that is the only thing I can think of, based on the explanation you gave above.

The only other suggestion, if you continue to have issues, is take/post screenshots of each step you listed above, maybe we will notice something.

Last edited:

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
What scanner are you using?
TRX-1. Relatively new user (like, a couple of weeks). So I only sort of know what I'm doing.

I've successfully used same technique for a few other systems and talkgroups, but this one is just not playing ball with me.

Note that I'm updating the CDAT file without the microSD inserted (I'm doing a few updates and tweaks to the CDAT before writing to the card). That might make a difference, perhaps?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Note that I'm updating the CDAT file without the microSD inserted (I'm doing a few updates and tweaks to the CDAT before writing to the card). That might make a difference, perhaps?

That should not make a difference.

Also, when you do make changes go to the FILES tab top left and make sure you SAVE TO ARCHIVE just in case you have issues with SD card or in the programming.

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
That should not make a difference.

Also, when you do make changes go to the FILES tab top left and make sure you SAVE TO ARCHIVE just in case you have issues with SD card or in the programming.
Have done. I have backup microSD cards (2 of) as well. Just in case!

Any idea why Enbridge won't download?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have done. I have backup microSD cards (2 of) as well. Just in case!

Any idea why Enbridge won't download?
As I said if you checked everything above post screen shots, including the import options and system in the TRUNKED tab. I'm off to work and will look at them late tonight.

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
As I said if you checked everything above post screen shots, including the import options and system in the TRUNKED tab. I'm off to work and will look at them late tonight.
Sorry, missed that part. Please see attached.

Attachments

• 1-SystemSelection.jpg
    1-SystemSelection.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-SiteSelection.jpg
    2-SiteSelection.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 3-TalkgroupSelection.jpg
    3-TalkgroupSelection.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4-ScanlistSelection.jpg
    4-ScanlistSelection.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 5-ImportResults.jpg
    5-ImportResults.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 6-EmptyScanlist.jpg
    6-EmptyScanlist.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 24

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
VA3WEX:

While @RaleighGuy is out making a buck, so us retired folks can continue to laze around... You should probably post a few more screen shots to help him diagnose the issue:

A screencap of your Import Options--click here and show us that image, please:

Screenshot 2023-02-26 205257.jpg

Also, a screencap of your Trunked Radio Systems Tab:
Screenshot 2023-02-26 205718.jpg

Hopefully one of those two images will provide the answer as to why EZ Scan isn't uploading the talkgroups you selected--looks like it's skipping all 14 rather than uploading them:

Screenshot 2023-02-26 205442.jpg

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
... You should probably post a few more screen shots to help him diagnose the issue:

A screencap of your Import Options--click here and show us that image, please:

Also, a screencap of your Trunked Radio Systems Tab: ...

As requested: very good suggestions.

And: I found the problem: Looks like OnQ is actually in there, but somehow I sent it to the wrong Scanlist: Duh!

Pays to poke around, eh?

Import Options.jpgTrunkedSystems.jpgTalkgroups.jpg

Last edited: