Fairfield Fire & West Caldwell “790”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice Fairfield Fire sounds worse than ever? I think they are renovating the police dispatch area, and recently changed their dispatch tones, and now I can hardly hear them. They always sounded very low, and some of their apparatus has a terrible whine when transmitting. I’m right next door and they sound like s**t.

West Caldwell Police dispatch also sounds terrible. I believe they were going to replace the copper tie lines to their receivers with fiber optic cable, but would that cause such a drastic change in the sound ? The cars sound a little better, but again dispatch sounds worse.

markjrenna

Both are weird. Fairfield Fire is always low here in Verona for me. West Caldwell was sounding really good when they had the protest in the park a couple weeks back but now the voice sounds like crap even with a strong signal. I notice Caldwell/West Caldwell/Essex Fells do use all the analog channels that are assigned to them. They are always on the so called Backup channels for Essex Fells.

ansky

I have always had this problem with Livingston. The audio is always very low as if the dispatcher and units are too far away from the mic.

onsceno

While I cannot account for WC, Fairfield is utilizing a manual encoder (Zetron 15B) through a CDM1250 until the permanent move is complete. Antenna "installs" are also less than favorable during the interim, as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.