ProScan: Favorite Editor FTP

sadlad

Premium Subscriber
Scanner: Uniden SDS200
Remote Scanner Over IP Server: v23.2
Connection type: Remote Scanner Over IP

Note: The error occurs on the client

Issue:
After updating to v22 the FTP Scanner Read/Write function no longer works for me.

Action to recreate error:
On the computer running the client. Open the Favorites Editor, clicking on FTP Scanner Read shows error: "Not Valid While The Client is Connected".
If I disconnect from the remote scanner over IP client, it then shows the prompt to enter the Scanner IP and username, etc. All looks good, until I click the Login button. At this point it says "Scanner Must Be Communicating".

Resolution:
I attempted rollback to v23.1 and v23, but it remained broken. To resolve I needed to go back to version 22.12 and it allows me to operate the FTP functions again.

eaf1956

Feed Provider

Issue:
After updating to v22 the FTP Scanner Read/Write function no longer works for me.

On the computer running the client. Open the Favorites Editor, clicking on FTP Scanner Read shows error: "Not Valid While The Client is Connected".
If I disconnect from the remote scanner over IP client, it then shows the prompt to enter the Scanner IP and username, etc. All looks good, until I click the Login button. At this point it says "Scanner Must Be Communicating".

Resolution:
I attempted rollback to v23.1 and v23, but it remained broken. To resolve I needed to go back to version 22.12 and it allows me to operate the FTP functions again.
You should email Bob about this issue or maybe even post it in the PROSCAN forum

sadlad

Premium Subscriber
Ok, Thank you. I messed up the version info in the Issue portion of the original post anyways as it was when I updated to v23.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Issue:

Resolution:
Sounds like the scanner is not communicating with ProScan. That has to be resolved before trying to FTP into the scanner.. Since it worked on 22.12, my guesses are 1) If using the LAN for the serial data then your anti-virus software may be blocking the connection. 2) Perhaps 23.x was installed in a different folder, therefore the options for the ethernet or comm. port may be different then 22.12.

Last edited: