FBI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget federal Inter-op freqs.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is an agency that conducts sensitive investigations, at the state and local level, and also espionage and terrorist activity.

They go against the low life scum, as well as criminals whom are educated : both blue and white collar professionals.

They are not the border patrol, the U.S Marshals ( even the 1811's ). They are an investigative agency, whom under the Department of Justice , most generally have to get permission from the Attorney Generals office, or an Assistant U.S Attorney, unlike some other federal agencys whom just ask their boss if it is oh-kay.

Same with the U.S Secret Service, and next to the Diplomatic Security Service is one of the best, in my opinion, Federal Law Enforcement agencys. The Security Clearances of FBI, DSS and Secret Service Agents is very high, and a background check is thorough. TS/SBI's do not come easy, and are not handed out like candy.

Radio communications of Federal Agents of this sort has to be secure, because of not only the safeguard of activity, but work essential to national security , such as terrorism, espionage, spys. Careful planing of the radio spectrum, power level, location and transmissionis all based on good COMSEC ( Communications Security ) work. I would expect secure cells to be used, as a VHF, UHF radio can be picked up, even though it cannot be heard. " Hey......407 MHZ, and 163 MHZ. Some feds are running around here somewhere." It don't take a genius to pick up a radio freq on a frequency counter, or " Close Call" to know that some feds are running aorund in your A.O ( Area of operations ). Adjust the squelch, and you have an idea of how far they are away.

I keep seing threads upon threads of "US Marshals" and "FBI" and "Border Patrol". They want their comms secure for a reason , and that is their safety and maybe their lives depend on it. Border Patrol cannot be chasing drug or human smugglers, if the bad guys can tune into the Border Patrol and know their location, strength, assets and other pertenant information. And in some cases, it could very well likely wind up in Border Patrol agents getting ambushed with rifle / machine gun fire. Criminals killing agents, cause they do not want to go to jail for 40 years, due to they have a large amount of dope. A person committing criminal activity, whom faces many charges if caught and about 30-50 years incarceration ( ex= drug possession, transporting drugs across state lines, firearms in commission of a felony, possesion with intent to distribute, drug trafficking ) does not loose nothing ( in my opinion ) by killing a Law Enforcement officer(s).

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the investigative arm of the U.S Government, and the only agency whom is chartered, and can by law, can perform intelligence activity in the U.S. Now other agencys can, and have the capability, but legally, the FBI is the only agency that is allowed. I guess the CIA, NSA and others could perform work in the U.S , and pass that info to the FBI, but if they were caught...Congress would have a fit ; heads would roll on the hill, agency administrators fired, and investigated for criminal charges. A civilian could illegally use audio and video surveillance for their own knowledge, but if they were caught...They could face tort and criminal repercussions. Illegal surveillance only comes with repercussions if you are caught, but sometimes it can contain a wealth of information and be beneficial. Use it wrong, or others find out ----- > They will have to "Pay the Piper."

If the U.S Government wants you know what they are doing ( with all due respect ) , they will put it in the paper, or on TV, or both.

FF - Medic !!!

I dont understand the point of this post. Ive served on a DEA task force and we gathered intelligence within the US all day everyday on US citizens. Please cite your legal claims.

immelmen

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the investigative arm of the U.S Government, and the only agency whom is chartered, and can by law, can perform intelligence activity in the U.S. Now other agencys can, and have the capability, but legally, the FBI is the only agency that is allowed. I guess the CIA, NSA and others could perform work in the U.S , and pass that info to the FBI, but if they were caught...Congress would have a fit ; heads would roll on the hill, agency administrators fired, and investigated for criminal charges. A civilian could illegally use audio and video surveillance for their own knowledge, but if they were caught...They could face tort and criminal repercussions. Illegal surveillance only comes with repercussions if you are caught, but sometimes it can contain a wealth of information and be beneficial. Use it wrong, or others find out ----- > They will have to "Pay the Piper."

Sorry, this is completely incorrect. CIA has all the legal authority to carryout their work within the United States...why else would they have stations across the US? The Agency is the pointy end of the spear when it comes to foreign intelligence collection inside the US and they even use American Citizens as assets to do so in a group dedicated to domestic US operations.

While the FBI is the nations premier law enforcement organization, they are considered a joke in the the intelligence community. While the law is black and white, Intelligence is a world of grey and the Bureau does not function effectively in the grey world.

The Security Clearances of FBI, DSS and Secret Service Agents is very high, and a background check is thorough. TS/SBI's do not come easy, and are not handed out like candy.

FYI... the clearance in question is a TS/SCI, and It is adjudicated via an SSBI. Only CIA and NSA mandate a TS/SCI with a Lifestyle polygraph in order to walk through the door. The FBI Clearence is last in line in the "intelligence community", as their standard clearance is the equivalent of only a Collateral Top Secret and only requires the far less intense/invasive CI polygraph.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, this is completely incorrect. CIA has all the legal authority to carryout their work within the United States...why else would they have stations across the US? The Agency is the pointy end of the spear when it comes to foreign intelligence collection inside the US and they even use American Citizens as assets to do so in a group dedicated to domestic US operations.

While the FBI is the nations premier law enforcement organization, they are considered a joke in the the intelligence community. While the law is black and white, Intelligence is a world of grey and the Bureau does not function effectively in the grey world.

FYI... the clearance in question is a TS/SCI, and It is adjudicated via an SSBI. Only CIA and NSA mandate a TS/SCI with a Lifestyle polygraph in order to walk through the door. The FBI Clearence is last in line in the "intelligence community", as their standard clearance is the equivalent of only a Collateral Top Secret and only requires the far less intense/invasive CI polygraph.

What does this or anything similar have to do with monitorimg the FBI?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Tla

No kidding!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Three Letter Acronym

The one who uses the most three and four letter acronyms in their explanation must be right......why how else could they baffle us with all the BS and smoothly pass by the original post? WANNA-BE'S.

V

immelmen

Btdt

I suppose there was a hijack from the op, but at least my post did have some type of useful information in it referencing an earlier post. I count five post since then that contain none. And be careful who you call a wanna-be. If you think you can vet my experience, your welcome to do so privately...if not, can it.

Last edited:

yungchin

fed frequencies

well fellas i live about 30 miles of former president george bush ranch and i can tell ya i heard some interesting fed stuff here when he was president.and even to this day,i still hear 165.2400 im not gonna say who it was i heard on that frequency because i might get in trouble.but just thought i pass that freq on to you fellas and let you figure it out.

ecps92

165.2400 indicates an older Scanner.

The actual Freq ia 165.2375 the most common CBP Freq, typically
Ch.01 in most Radios as NET-01 or if P25 DNet-01 and if Simplex TAC-01
CBP Nets - The RadioReference Wiki

:twisted: IF you were going to get into trouble, they would have caught you listening already, with the Scanner Receiver Receiver Device :twisted:

well fellas i live about 30 miles of former president george bush ranch and i can tell ya i heard some interesting fed stuff here when he was president.and even to this day,i still hear 165.2400 im not gonna say who it was i heard on that frequency because i might get in trouble.but just thought i pass that freq on to you fellas and let you figure it out.

jf4164

You guys are way too paranoid. I retired from law enforcement. Was head of tech ops for major law enforcement agency in Florida. Then I went on and wrote the Federal Files for Monitoring Times magazine for many years before chris took over.
Each month I took a different agency and did an entire summary of their freqs and their use.
I ran column by buddy at FCC before submitting it to magazine. Only a couple of times was I ever told not to publish a tactical frequency.
The Feds know we are listening.
Believe me--anything they don't want you to hear--you won't hear.

ecps92

You Guys?

Hope that was directed at the OP :wink: as those of us who listen [regularly] know they listen and even have friends who work for those 3-4 letter agencies who know we listen [and even say Hi, from time-time when they know :lol: ]

There is nothing hidden, if it's transmitting, it just takes some time and patience to spend the time to search, but alas so much today is "gimme gimme gimme" and "why is it not listed yet" :mad:

You guys are way too paranoid. I retired from law enforcement. Was head of tech ops for major law enforcement agency in Florida. Then I went on and wrote the Federal Files for Monitoring Times magazine for many years before chris took over.
Each month I took a different agency and did an entire summary of their freqs and their use.
I ran column by buddy at FCC before submitting it to magazine. Only a couple of times was I ever told not to publish a tactical frequency.
The Feds know we are listening.
Believe me--anything they don't want you to hear--you won't hear.

jf4164

Sorry guys and girls--meant absolutely no disrespect. It's just when I was writing the MT column I kept getting feedback on how I was going to jail for what I was writing. some of my best sourses came from the guys and girls at the three letter agencies. I was beginning to think they were the biggest readers of my column.
Sorry--did NOT mean to offend anyone.

KEEP LISTENING AND REPORTING

John--WA4VPY

ecps92

None taken, hence the various :) etc

More for the OP, who seems to have jumped into the DEEP End with interest in every mode, phase, service, band, etc

So much on the web tho other than the MT Blogs and past articles seems to be from the 80/90's and has been copied by everyone and anyone and passed along as current. Even still trying to get some of the RR DB's to remove the OLD CAP 100.0 Hz info has been like being a "Dentist" :D

Always enjoyed the FEDCOM colums, and you passed the torch well

Sorry guys and girls--meant absolutely no disrespect. It's just when I was writing the MT column I kept getting feedback on how I was going to jail for what I was writing. some of my best sourses came from the guys and girls at the three letter agencies. I was beginning to think they were the biggest readers of my column.

John--WA4VPY

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Not to drift this thread even further off topic, but John is correct. I have never, ever been questioned or queried by any government agency about anything I've published so far. I do hold things back that I don't think need to be published, or information that was passed along in confidence and not for publication.

And as far as Monitoring Times goes, I think the only time they got anyone upset enough to contact them was when Larry Van Horn published the new Civil Air Patrol frequencies. Someone high up in CAP got upset that these were published, until it was pointed out that these came from the CAP web site... :)

- Chris

John--WA4VPY

Status
Not open for further replies.