FCC Licenses - SW AR - MISC counties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I live in IN, but lived a while in Hot Springs, AR. Still have 2 sisters, mom, and buttload of nieces and nephew there. Also still have good friends there, and stay in the loop as much as I can. I even used to run a live feed of AWIN, HSTRS, Garland County etc...

Mike445

I live in IN, but lived a while in Hot Springs, AR. Still have 2 sisters, mom, and buttload of nieces and nephew there. Also still have good friends there, and stay in the loop as much as I can.
Nice! I lived in Canada until August. My wife is from Blevins AR. We moved here. I love it. I haven’t worn a coat once this winter. Lol!!

INDY72

Oh you still have a month and half to go.... And its been Dixie Blizzards in the last few years..... Your in a weird zone weather wise between I-20, and the Hot Springs lines,... Just at the top of the Dixie Blizzard Zone, and Dixie Alley Tornado Zone.

Mike445

Oh you still have a month and half to go.... And its been Dixie Blizzards in the last few years..... Your in a weird zone weather wise between I-20, and the Hot Springs lines,... Just at the top of the Dixie Blizzard Zone, and Dixie Alley Tornado Zone.
I hope this year there isn’t any snow!!! Lol! It is a weird zone weatherwise. I like the hot humid summers. That’s my favorite.

INDY72

LOL you can KEEP the hot and humid summers. I was born and raised in MS so I have had enough of those for ten lifetimes. Gets bad enough here in Indianapolis. But yep, between I-20 and I-40 can be interesting in AR. Almost as interesting as being a scanner guy there. Mostly AWIN,... But a lot of DMR now there too. And that was just the perfect Funny Things Heard On A Scanner this year so far I just heard... "Hey, its raining right now too." "Copy. Good thing I have an umbrella here in the office huh?" "Uh huh, 300 yards across the plant!"

Mike445

I love being a scanner guy here!! SO much fun!! I've started monitoring military too. I have the DMR and NXDN in my 436/536, SDS100 and BCD996P2. :LOL: I've heard some funny things on the scanner. I love it. I'm up and ready for the day. Gonna add the V/Y/7/8 interop channels to the 996. Have a great day! Thanks for the help.
Mike

INDY72

Your now IN the hot zone for the rough stuff. It has been expanded more N/NE and E. as well as deeper S/SW.. From down in TX, up through Memphis, TN.. Entire 1-20 up through I-40 areas now in for it. Stay Safe!

Mike445

Your now IN the hot zone for the rough stuff. It has been expanded more N/NE and E. as well as deeper S/SW.. From down in TX, up through Memphis, TN.. Entire 1-20 up through I-40 areas now in for it. Stay Safe!
Thank you very much. If I'm posting tomorrow all is well. SWEPCO is busy making sure their lines are away from swaying limbs. They are DMR. Nice and clear. I have these three frequencies saved too...are they a waster of space? GThey are under Arkansas statewide frequencies.
EMERG-TERTIARY-37.100000FMSearchInteropOff2secOffGreen / On0NoneOff
EMERG-SEC-37.200000FMSearchInteropOff2secOffGreen / On0NoneOff
EMERG-PRI-37.240000FMSearchInteropOff2secOffGreen / On0NoneOff
Thanks again!!
Mike

wbswetnam

I have monitored those frequencies (37.240, 37.200, and 37.100) for the past 15 years and I have never heard anything. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

INDY72

There may be like 1 agency left in AR using the old VHF Low band stuff. Maybe. Once the AWIN was in and rolling that went bye bye real fast. Just like in LA with 39.90 etc... Hell ADPT only uses their VHF Low at certain parks now, and should be getting a lot more AWIN before long. As far as State Agencies go, only a couple are left to be really brought on.

Mike445

There may be like 1 agency left in AR using the old VHF Low band stuff. Maybe. Once the AWIN was in and rolling that went bye bye real fast. Just like in LA with 39.90 etc... Hell ADPT only uses their VHF Low at certain parks now, and should be getting a lot more AWIN before long. As far as State Agencies go, only a couple are left to be really brought on.
Thank you. I think the only little band I have in my radio now is South East Oklahoma. McCurtain OK.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that lowband (37.xxx) stuff seemed to go away. I know for a fact none of the patrol units in this county have radios capable of them anymore - VHF only or some of the admin and Sgt on duty usually has an AWIN radio, too, but not all do. I think the 37.xxx stuff in AR is basically dead, sans for maybe one or two...maybe.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Good way to find out damage reports, etc., is to monitor the ADEM frequencies as the county OEM coordinators and/or ADEM officers throughout the stage usually report back to ADEM HQ what they are seeing or what has been reported. Of course, the NWS office at LR broadcasts warnings out on MAC Call during severe weather. With those, plus your locals, you can basically get the before, during, and after of a weather event.

Mike445

Good way to find out damage reports, etc., is to monitor the ADEM frequencies as the county OEM coordinators and/or ADEM officers throughout the stage usually report back to ADEM HQ what they are seeing or what has been reported. Of course, the NWS office at LR broadcasts warnings out on MAC Call during severe weather. With those, plus your locals, you can basically get the before, during, and after of a weather event.
I heard ADEM quite a bit last night. AWIN was busy! Thank you. I got rid of the low band frequencies.
Mike

wbswetnam

In the aftermath of a major incident, don't neglect to monitor the Department of Health. In the days after the flash flood tragedy at the Albert Pike Recreation Area in June 2011, I heard talk on the D of H channel about loading bodies on refrigerated trucks.

Mike445

In the aftermath of a major incident, don't neglect to monitor the Department of Health. In the days after the flash flood tragedy at the Albert Pike Recreation Area in June 2011, I heard talk on the D of H channel about loading bodies on refrigerated trucks.
Thank you! I have to make sure I have them in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.