FCC Search by Frequency?

For the life of me, I can't find where I can search the FCC database by frequency. Probably because I'm not that familiar with lingo. I did try searching before asking but there's so much info to sift through. It's more than likely right in front of my face. would appreciate a point in the right direction please. EDIT: Just found out how on OUR database.

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

ecps92

I prefer maprad.io versus the FCC ULS which I find a bit cumbersome to comb through at times. In addition to more customizable search queries, with maprad you get a nice map & satellite imagery interface you can use to help you pinpoint licenses
Keep in mind , Maprad.io has implemented a new structure and you can only do so much per month now for FREE

ecps92

More limitations than outlined here?

Dear William,

On 5 February, the latest release of MAPRAD.IO (version 2.0) is scheduled to go live. As part of the update, users will be migrated to new subscription plans as summarised below.

There is no need to take any action. New prices will come into effect at the next monthly renewal of a user’s subscription.

Although trial periods will no longer be supported, existing users currently on trial periods will be able to complete their trials.
Free plan becomes Basic
Current
New
Name
FreeBasic
Price per month
0 AUD0 AUD or 0 USD*
Quotas
1,000 records exported/day1,000 credits/month**
Standard plan becomes Professional
Current
New
Name
StandardProfessional
Price per month
45 AUD19.99 AUD or 14.99 USD*
Quotas
10M records exported/day
100M API records/day
5M credits/month**
Professional plan becomes Organisation
Current
New
Name
ProfessionalOrganisation
Price per month
180 AUD199.99 AUD or 149.99 USD*
Users
Quotas
50M records exported/day
500M API records/day
50M credits/month**
* Users can nominate to be charged in AUD or USD.

** Under the new credit-based system:
  • An export of N records = N credits
  • An API call involving N records = N credits
  • Each coverage prediction plot = 10,000 credits
  • Each path analysis = 100 credits

Note: Coverage predictions and path analysis are new features in the next release.

For any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can do so by replying to this email, or by using our online form here.

- MAPRAD.IO Team

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
For the life of me, I can't find where I can search the FCC database by frequency.

Probably because I'm not that familiar with lingo. I did try searching before asking but there's so much info to sift through.

The trick is to put in as many knowns as you can to reduce the amount of useless fluff you'd get back. Just for kicks, I ran a common VHF frequency with no other specifics entered. Came up with 8,847 returns, and that can be too much to deal with. Narrow down by state, city if you have it, and it'll make it a bit more manageable.

And be aware that the FCC page will periodically just stop working for hours at a time for no apparent reason.

ecps92

That takes you to the location search page, while it will work it isn't the easiest way, I'd recommend the Advance Search page for searching frequencies at this link:

IMHO the advanced has always thrown people off, as the address search is the mailing address which might be in Kansas but the transmitters are in Boston , all are viable options but just knowing the slight quirks helps the newbies in their search