FD & PD Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
FD: I know what it means but what does it mean?
P_______
A_______
R_______

PD: I hear during a traffic stop the cop tells the dispatcher the drivers and passengers SS #. How does he know it? Is it on the dl?

Thanks.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Ss#

FD: I know what it means but what does it mean?
P_______
A_______
R_______

PD: I hear during a traffic stop the cop tells the dispatcher the drivers and passengers SS #. How does he know it? Is it on the dl?

Thanks.

They get the SS# from the person they stop

Moose

PAR stands for Personnel Accountability Report. Used during prolonged working fires to account
for the fireman at the scene, to ensure no one is trapped. Maybe others can offer more detail.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
For EMS stands for Primary Area of Response, in other words if you were dispatched or respond to a call or hospital out of your area you have to then go back to your PAR unless reassigned and you stay at a post until dispatched to a call in that area. Common radio transmission" I am out of hospital XX returning to my PAR"

jvdet

PAR - person arrest record every body knows that....PAR his golf game? no? never heard of it in my county- only means what that agency which uses it for means to them, its not universal, like the term "I'll give you a public service" not used in Jersey but everywhere else it means a telephone call

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Moose!

PAR stands for Personnel Accountability Report. Used during prolonged working fires to account
for the fireman at the scene, to ensure no one is trapped. Maybe others can offer more detail.

ff75

Moose is correct. It is used by the incident commander at an incident to maintain accountability of personnel on scene. Depending on the department and incident type they are usually conducted at specific times frames or when there is significant changes that happen, a collapse or as in going from and offensive mode(fighting the fire inside) to a defensive mode(evacuating the building and fighting it from the outside). Also depending on the department PAR can be done by the Incident commander, the Incident Safety Officer or dispatch. When a PAR is called it is the duty of the officer or senior member of the crew being called to check his personnel and to inform whoever is calling for PAR that they have PAR(all members of their crew accounted for) or that someone is missing or unaccounted for and where and what there last assignment was.

TAMR213

On a related note, does anyone know what the term "PWT" means? Just heard it for the first time used by my local PD earlier today, in context: "my partner will be out for a PWT in the park"

Status
Not open for further replies.