• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FDNY radio tone out

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the tone that the FDNY uses for their radio? I will try to find a clip and post it so you know what I'm talking about

In this link at around 30 seconds in you will see what tone I'm talking about.

Thanks

radiotweester

30 second is just a single tone generated by a console. Mobiles and portables have the option of single tone. These were intended for repeater access, but can be varied in freq and duration for alert. There is also the FLASH option of FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set that sounds like a hi/low warble

ElroyJetson

Getting tired of all the stupidity.
Somewhere between the Scylla and Charybdis
Using unnecessary transmitted tones always results in the same thing: The first couple times you use it, the people who hear it become irritated and then annoyed at you. Use it a few more times and they begin to HATE you. Once it reaches that point, they'll never STOP hating you. So just don't do it.

mbnv992

This guy’s posts are always interesting. First with his NAS that he has no clue what he’s doing - and now this.

MDC is strictly forbidden on all our local GMRS / HAM repeaters in my area. If someone has a “Roger” beep or any other tones on their radio they are politely asked to turn them off. It’s more of an annoyance than anything else.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
He’s got the video linked at the 9 minute mark; I assumed he was talking about the signalling at the end of a transmission.
That tripped me up as well which is why the thread was initially closed with a link to the FDNY TPS thread.

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I just want the tone so I know when a new call is coming in.

This guy’s posts are always interesting. First with his NAS that he has no clue what he’s doing - and now this.

MDC is strictly forbidden on all our local GMRS / HAM repeaters in my area. If someone has a “Roger” beep or any other tones on their radio they are politely asked to turn them off. It’s more of an annoyance than anything else.
As for you saying I have no clue about what I'm doing with NAS, in the forum that I posted that, I asked that if you don't want to help me, leave me alone and not call me stupid, or say I don't know what I'm doing when I'm just trying to learn

ElroyJetson

Getting tired of all the stupidity.
Somewhere between the Scylla and Charybdis
So you're saying you don't want your radio to TRANSMIT any tones, but you want to hear them when they're present in a signal you are listening to? That's fine. But take this advice: Don't program your radio to transmit any tones or signalling sequence that aren't NEEDED for a legitimate purpose. And only on frequencies you are licensed to transmit on.

You can listen to whatever you want. How you get the radio programmed to listen to certain systems is a separate topic, or several.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
As for you saying I have no clue about what I'm doing with NAS, in the forum that I posted that, I asked that if you don't want to help me, leave me alone and not call me stupid, or say I don't know what I'm doing when I'm just trying to learn
Hit dog hollers. You are being stupid. Forking around with trunking subscribers can get someone hurt or worse, or wind one up in hot water.
Get a scanner. Seriously. Just stop.
And the nonsense about wanting to listen to tone outs, not buying it. You're a whacker who wants to whack. Everyone knows but you apparently.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just want the tone so I know when a new call is coming in.

FDNY doesn't "tone out", so whatever you're asking about makes no sense. As for the trunking stuff you're messing with, you very clearly have no idea what you're doing, and screwing around could cause issues on the system. That is why you have been advised to stop.

As for anyone calling you stupid...

stupid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.