FDOT Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Caught the Durbin (St Johns Co) repeater on 47.02 D134 and the Flagler Co repeater on 47.06 D073 conducting statewide roll calls from the EOC. Anybody have further info on this system?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Caught the Durbin (St Johns Co) repeater on 47.02 D134 and the Flagler Co repeater on 47.06 D073 conducting statewide roll calls from the EOC. Anybody have further info on this system?

I've been trying to find out what frequency the repeaters in Hamilton, Suwannee, and Columbia counties are on. Looks like no one updated the database for district two for those counties. It's still showing up the old base and mobile frequencies that I never hear anything on.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio."

Ecfsar18

Columbia county FDOT FREQS

Looks like the license for this is KIL907 47.100,47.140,47.260 showing lake City? There is a separate voting repeater in White Springs- 47.380 license number WQBK731 and yet another repeater for Ellisville -47.400 --- Iicense # WQGN988 ... Do a pl or dpl scan since I am not close enough to decode those.....

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
No voting repeaters listed for Hamilton and Suwanee listed ...

White Springs is in Hamilton County so they are probably using that one for Hamilton and Suwannee. Maybe it's up high enough with enough power to reach the two counties. Low band signals will travel farther under the right circumstances.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
FL DOT runs a low-band multicast system. So, repeater systems are divided up by District. In each district (minus a few who use UHF or SLERS) there are several licensed repeater sites. Each district is divided up into geographical areas (I dont know if it is North, South, East, West or something else). The DOT employee operating the radio selects the District channel of the area they are in. In the District, each repeater has the same input, but different outputs. The audio from the common input frequency at each site is fed to a voter. The voter selects the best audio source and sends the audio to each of the different repeater outputs. I do not have any frequency info, but their tower sites are easy to spot. The towers along the interstate have the 72mhz yagi's are for call boxes, microwave dishes for data, and some repeater sites. I also have seen repeater sites at the region yards where DOT parks/repairs their trucks. TT

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
FL DOT runs a low-band multicast system. So, repeater systems are divided up by District. In each district (minus a few who use UHF or SLERS) there are several licensed repeater sites. Each district is divided up into geographical areas (I dont know if it is North, South, East, West or something else). The DOT employee operating the radio selects the District channel of the area they are in. In the District, each repeater has the same input, but different outputs. The audio from the common input frequency at each site is fed to a voter. The voter selects the best audio source and sends the audio to each of the different repeater outputs. I do not have any frequency info, but their tower sites are easy to spot. The towers along the interstate have the 72mhz yagi's are for call boxes, microwave dishes for data, and some repeater sites. I also have seen repeater sites at the region yards where DOT parks/repairs their trucks. TT

There's a low band repeater antenna on the state tower at the I75 and SR 6 West (exit 460) south bound on ramp in Hamilton County. I don't know if they have a active repeater or not on that antenna but I'll listen to those frequencies the other guy posted in here when I'm back up that way. There's also a 72 MHz yagi and a few microwave links up there as well.
I read a PDF life released by DOT on how there new system works. Here it is.

http://comprodcom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/FDOT-Upgrades-for-Interoperability.pdf

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Stinking hammies are everywhere! There is also an interesting ham network with sites that appear to be very close to the FLDOT towers. Since they are all hams, i wonder if the repeater linking backhaul is provided by FLDOT under the guise of "disaster pmanning"? TT

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the document Dawson, that explains it all. That was the first time I had heard voice traffic on the repeaters. I've rarely heard anything on the District 2 simplex freq here in St. Johns.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the document Dawson, that explains it all. That was the first time I had heard voice traffic on the repeaters. I've rarely heard anything on the District 2 simplex freq here in St. Johns.

Welcome. Yeah I figured that they had changed frequencies around after they implemented their new system.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

trooper890

As a sidenote, Motorist aid call boxes and the distinctive 72mhz link antennas have been discontinued statewide.

Ecfsar18

Also will be glad to post the District 7 Tampa ones if anyone can confirm the DPL there is a repeater in Pinellas county (Ridgecrest) on 47.280 license # WQLV552 ; Hernando County (Brooksville) 47.200 ; one in Hillsborough County (Temple Terrace) 47.160 and another in Hillsborough County (Ruskin) 47.060 as most know there is not much on these systems usually a very short beep to snag the DPL..... Once in blue moon hear tests or radio checks on them...figure get use of the low band portion of my Scantenna ...Let me know if find the DPL on any of these!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Where I live at I hardly them at all. I notice there is 2 freq for the area I may have to let the 536 on record for a few days see what the PL is.

Ecfsar18

Thanks ! I have added 3 more to the database last night also 2 in South Florida one in Jax also... Also noticed another one in Brevard co. In Cocoa off rte.520 on 47.340 for District 5 also!These things are all over

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Is there a distinctive licensee in the F.C.C. database that makes it easy to find all of them there? That gives you the frequency and the location of the base station at least. That might be a shortcut to finding them all.

Also, I've never seen the term "multicast" used in this context; that's a data communications term. If anything they are simulcast, but on different frequencies which really isn't even simulcast, just a bunch of repeaters keying up. Oh well, interesting system.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.