Federal Correctional Complex Tucson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
I'm not able to monitor FCC Tucson since I switched from my 396xt to the 436hp. Any help would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Tucson people. I live 2.2 miles away from the complex, so I imagine its just a programming issue that I am overlooking. Thanks in advance!

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I'm not able to monitor FCC Tucson since I switched from my 396xt to the 436hp. Any help would be greatly appreciated from my fellow Tucson people. I live 2.2 miles away from the complex, so I imagine its just a programming issue that I am overlooking. Thanks in advance!

First thing I would check would be to ensure the correct service types are enabled.That's usually why the 436 won't scan something that's in the RRDB.

-AZ

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I agree with AZ. Make sure you have enabled "Corrections" as a service type and that should take care of that.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for your advice. I did not have the corrections service type selected but it is now. I am receiving transmissions now, but once I save the talk group that comes up using id search to a department, the talk group no longer works. I checked the avoids and there isn't any avoiding.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Rob,

Are you saying that you are saving other talkgroup ID's ? If so, when you do, it saves them under service type "Custom 1". You'll have to go back and edit the service type to "Corrections".

The other option is to leave "Custom 1" enabled and you'll always hear the new stuff that you discover and save, allowing you time to change the service type at a later date :)

Keep in mind, if you don't ever change it and "Custom 1" is always on, you will hear that activity, even when you are trying to listen to something else. So it is best to change the service type to the correct service type as soon as possible, for the service type function to work well for you.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
Thanks FLANO. That's exactly what it was. I manually rebuilt the system as another favorite list and the new tg's were coming up as "custom 1". As soon as I changed them wamo bamo, it worked. I work there, so my wife turns it on while I'm working to make sure I'm ok. Thank you so much for your help.

Ps. The tg's listed on RRDB are reversed. The ones listed as USP are for the FCI and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.