Feed has disconnected from the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

witch

Now after being disconnected from the feed while I was listening, I am unable to connect to it again.

Sorry I wasn't clear before on my exact situation

thx for checking it

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
OK folks, it looks like its all back up and running normal.

More to follow regarding the outage...

Last edited:

Adenosine

well not sure what is going on.

1. The feed will drop the listener.
2. The feed still shows it is up with x listeners still listening.
3. I cannot reconnect for 2-5 minutes.
4. The feed didnt actually go RED but once, however I could not reconnect, just timed out.
5. Checked my sending program (ProScan) everything looks great, Never fluttered.

Hope these symptoms help figure out what is up.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If you are getting disconnected please just hang in there until we can get a permanent fix tomorrow. Our main objective right now is to get them back online(knock on wood), hopefully they will stay online until tomorrow when we can fix it once in for all.

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Working great except for those few flutters. Feed disconnected and reconnected. I did a full reboot of my system thinking the problem was software. Counter stayed at zero, then returned and went away again. Feed disconnected and reconnected once more and has been good ever since.

N5KHB

Premium Subscriber
If you are getting disconnected please just hang in there until we can get a permanent fix tomorrow. Our main objective right now is to get them back online(knock on wood), hopefully they will stay online until tomorrow when we can fix it once in for all.

Thanks Kendrik. Could you please put out a note when you think you have it corrected permanently? As luck would have it, I added alpha tags and changed steaming tools on one of my feeds on Friday, and have been tweaking my system all weekend thinking the problem was on my end. I am actually a little relieved that it wasn't... :)

Thanks for all the hard work. Take Care.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks Kendrik. Could you please put out a note when you think you have it corrected permanently? As luck would have it, I added alpha tags and changed steaming tools on one of my feeds on Friday, and have been tweaking my system all weekend thinking the problem was on my end. I am actually a little relieved that it wasn't... :)

Thanks for all the hard work. Take Care.

We hope by tomorrow afternoon at the latest, but should diffidently be fixed tomorrow if everything go's well.

Last edited:

scaninnyc

When you say it's dropping, does the encoder show that it disconnected and reconnected?

Correct, the online player has a problem that appears to be server side. Hence no actual disconnect and my feed shows as up and running despite the frequent disconnects the listeners are reporting to me and that I am observing.

I checked the four feeds you're providing and the server log shows that none of them went offline today and that a couple of them have been up for 2-3 days without any problems.

-- Gordon

I listen to my feeds and I can tell you that they have been disconnecting about twice an hour for about 3 days. The log is showing my steady up time (with the exception of my attempts to clear the issue I thought was my end at first) because it is not related to my feed, it is not showing you the listener experience. For that you will need to look at the number of listeners online and how it is DRAMATICALLY changing as the listeners are disconnected once or twice and hour.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.