Feed has disconnected from the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bglatour001

I keep getting the same disconnect problems with my feed. It's not happening at the feed point, just from the client end. I have to keep connecting my client. This happens on average 3 times per hour.

Rleshane

I keep getting the same disconnect problems with my feed. It's not happening at the feed point, just from the client end. I have to keep connecting my client. This happens on average 3 times per hour.

Yep, most of us are in the same boat. Sounds like they're working on it.

Emt511

Premium Subscriber
feed dropping

I am having same problem with feed going on and off line shows that i am connected but feed not sending. Is there an update on this problem.

Rleshane

Ya, an admin posted on another thread that they are still working on the problem. Sounded like it is something they may be working on most of this week as it's a little more complex than they originally thought. I believe this is the site owners livelyhood (main source of income), so I'm sure they are doing all they can to stabilize the system (unstable feeds = less listeners = less incentive to advertisers = less $). For now all we can do is be patient and reconnect when we notice the feed go silent. I'm sure they are doing all they can to fix the problem.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
FYI when i listen to my feed Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Benzie, Leelanau, Crawford, and Charlevoix County Public Safety.

I use the web players and i get dissconected at least 2-3 times an hour

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Lindsay is still investigating the problem.

The relay servers (which you connect to when you're listening) were stable yesterday but they began having problems (crashing and restarting) again last night.

We believe that the relay servers may be being flooded by some nefarious sources (bots) which is resulting in the Icecast server software on the machines to crash and restart.

We're keeping a close eye on the servers to attempt to reduce the impact of this problem as much as possible.

-- Gordon

Rleshane

We believe that the relay servers may be being flooded by some nefarious sources (bots) which is resulting in the Icecast server software on the machines to crash and restart.

Thanks for the update Gordon. Getting updates like this I think help with the patience factor for most folks. Even though there is nothing we can do to help remedy the situation, hearing where ya'll are at in the troubleshooting process (even in general terms) goes a long way.

I see this all the time in my line of work. When IT is frantically working on a problem, but communication is poor, everyone assumes they are coming into work at 10AM and drinking coffee until noon.

The admins on this site have always been good with comminication.

Emt511

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the updates Gordon, Hopefully everything gets worked out with the bugs, email box getting flooded with disconnect msgs as i am sure yours is with forum msgs about the bugs.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Thanks for the updates Gordon, Hopefully everything gets worked out with the bugs, email box getting flooded with disconnect msgs as i am sure yours is with forum msgs about the bugs.
The problem you're having is completely unrelated to the one being described above in this thread.

The problems being reported in this thread relate to people being repeatedly disconnected from (or unable to connect to) RadioReference.com's servers when listening (or trying to listen to) the audio.

In your case, the program you're using to encode the audio (ScannerCast?) isn't able to stay connected to the RadioReference server that receives your audio, probably due to network problems between you and our servers (most likely between your computer and your Internet Service Provider).

I'll contact you via e-mail about your connectivity problem.

-- Gordon

witch

and problem has returned....can listen for a while then disconnects.....now unable to reconnect though it says there are x amount of listeners......:(

thanks for checking into it

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, we are hard at work on this issue. Things are beginning to stabilize now - the most recent bounce that happened at around 5:30pm was to refresh some configuration changes to hopefully help. other than that we haven't had a bounce since noon today.

If you are getting disconnects multiple times an hour - then our current issues aren't related. Over the past 7 days or so, our relays have been bouncing in blocks of every 2 hours - not multiple times an hour. So keep in mind that there are a lot of other things between you and us that could be causing disconnects.

in any case, be patient - we're on the case, and we're working our butts off to get to a resolution. We have one of the most complex icecast (the audio server software) implementations in the world, and we are working directly with the developer to find out the cause of the problems.

Thanks,

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Yah Lindsay, feeds are going very wack again the last hour. The Chicago EMS feed stays connected but the Chicago PD, LAPD Hot Shots and LAFD feeds keep disconnecting every 5-10 minutes. Then it takes a good 3-5 minutes to reconnect back to them. If 1 feed is fine, and 3 others aren't, perhaps it's a specific server related issue?

Jason

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Yes I know, but you mentioned you thought you had the problem stabilized and no issues for the last few hours, so just wanted to let ya know that feeds were shutting down again.

Keep up the good work and hope your able to fix this before you pull all your hair out LOL.

Jason

zl2taw

ok might be the same issue here, but havent been able to get a connect with the audio6 server at all

for the last 24hrs
it cant make a connection, keeps retrying
Nothing has been changed at my end

Keep getting a failed to reply from RR server
thats on audio6.radioreference.com

Unable to read data from the transport connection

whats happening here ?

conscerned

I have received the message, "Feed has disconnected from the server" at least once every day, for the last three days. I am listening to my own feed, and know everything is OK on my end. I checked both browsers and they are working fine on other sites. when I restart the feed it works fine until tomorrow when we do it again. what gives ????????????

I am an "enduser" an run multiple computers, O/S, an listen to multiple feeds.
The past several days some of the "safety" people have upgraded their scanners to a newer system.
Regardless of the browser I am running. I am constantly getting disconnected several times a day on all servers. Sometimes a restart is only necessary of the feed. Other times it hangs the browsers an gets multiple errors. Some are 12007 which is an administrator's use of a "firewall" or the SSL being used.
The majority errors I receive are java "script" errors and some "programming" errors.
Adobe recently did an update on their software an that "update" from 10.1 an up were causing problems on my end so I removed the software and reinstalled the original adobe flash player. It requires the "flash player to be 9.0 or above. The java "script" errors are presently what are causing the "disconnect".

Below is some additional information that may help you an others correct some of the problems.

error 12007 has to do with firewall/security. Check your firewall settings in the Admin Control Panel for Windows. It could also be because you need a security update from this location:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=70530968-B59A-47C0-90D3...

Status
Not open for further replies.