Feed keeps buffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullmax

My feed seems to stop and buffer every couple of minutes. It stops only for a second or two, buffers then its ok for another minute or 2. Any ideas?

PeterGV

K1PGV
You mean the PLAYBACK of your feed, right?

What audio player are you using? If you stop or pause the player for a few seconds, then restart it... what happens then??

Peter
K1PGV

Bullmax

You mean the PLAYBACK of your feed, right?

What audio player are you using? If you stop or pause the player for a few seconds, then restart it... what happens then??

Peter
K1PGV

Tried using windows mp and web player. Both do the same thing. If I pause or stop, then restart it, it plays right away. Also had a private message from a listener that is having the same problem.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I checked your feed and it is indeed buffering intermittently.

Have you tried rebooting your broadcasting computer? You might also reset your router.

I've checked a bunch of other feeds on the same server and they are all working fine. Your computer or broadcast may be falling behind broadcasting to us.

Bullmax

I rebooted everything and still seems to be intermittent. I think I need to upgrade my computer which I have been wanting to do for a while now anyway.

SCPD

QRT
I always try to reboot my cpu at least once a week it seems if i go longer i will get the buffering also.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I seem to be having an issue as well.

Winamp = plays
Windows Media Player won't even connect to audio2, if i manually change it to audio3 it will connect.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I just increased my RAM. I will see if that helps. I went from 512MB to 2 GB. (They are on sale at Office Depot)
Ram has very little to do with streaming. It's all CPU power.

I have Proscan, Trunk88, a Remote desktop, bandwidth monitor and a website all running on my streaming machine with dual LCD monitors to boot and it only uses 180MB of ram.

patches4442

i have the same problem i have been listening to a couple of feeds online with web player, and windows media player it does the same thing keeps buffering every few minutes it is very annoying especially if you are listening to a good call i thought it was just me.

Bullmax

i have the same problem i have been listening to a couple of feeds online with web player, and windows media player it does the same thing keeps buffering every few minutes it is very annoying especially if you are listening to a good call i thought it was just me.

Back to normal. Not sure if it was my computer or the software but my feed is streaming nicely again.

Status
Not open for further replies.