finding new talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick1504

We have had our Homepatrol 1 for 9 months now and love it. Now we have a problem. Our local EMS has been using MARCS for years, but our Sheriffs Dept. just went to MARCS.

Now we get no communication at all from the Sheriff Dispatcher or the cars. I don't know how to go about finding the "talk group" they may be in...if it is indeed a talk group I am looking for, etc.

Do I need to purchase the extreme upgrade to have the Homepatrol 1 find this new talk group? Basically I am at a loss.

On top of that five years ago I was diagnosed with Early On-Set Alzheimers disease. Starting to see the problem here?

What I need answers to is why can't I hear the Sheriff's Dept. anymore? Will I ever be able to? And what do I need to do to get this new talk group, if indeed it is even a talk group I am looking for?

I hope answers I get to this are in layman's terms. If I need to purchase the extreme upgrade then I am concerned I will be lost with it as well. Not being able to understand it.

We live in Ohio, Coshocton County if that helps at all.

Thank you for any help I can get.

phask

Premium Subscriber
You need to create a favorite, enable ID search under MARCS - Options.

However - since I have already communicated several times on the Uniden forum, I think this is beyond your level. I could send you a HPE file, but again... probably not going to get it.

I posted in the Ohio forum and nothing. I've ran a search for 24 hours, but can only get the Dresden site and infrequently the Conesville. I had zero unidentified TG.

I live about 40-50 mile from the OP and 30-40 from Coshocton. I can get Coshocton EMS using the Dresden site rather often and would imagine SO would do the same. I did not try Marcs IP. Possibility that they are encrypted. I did not try running Unitracker - I just can't ty up a machine that long.

edit - another local confirmed they moved to MARCS 2 weeks ago, waiting to see if he has ID to get submitted.

Mods - this should probably move to the Ohio Forumn - but I have had no responses there as mentioned above.

Last edited:

Rick1504

Sorry I posted in wrong place, again I get confused. Just posting this was a challenge. I see you mentioned Conesville, they tell me this is where the tower is the Sheriffs is using. I just think they went to the MARCS just two weeks ago and I can't help but thinking the home patrol 1 will "find" the new channel or whatever it is.

Like I said everything was fine till they went to MARCS, the EMS channel you are referring to is MARCS and in the same building....sigh

I am just afraid I now am the proud owner of a $400 rock, instead of a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.