Fire dispatch question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthgarlic

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
67
Reaction score
14
Location
Lapeer, Michigan
I often hear fire call outs for equipment such as Engine 9 or Medical 6 but there is one that I have no clue. Payback or kabec. Anyone familiar with that? To be honest its driving me a little nuts, I must be hearing it wrong because Ive searched google for it and found everything but.

Thanks.
 

K7MFC

WRAA720
Joined
Nov 18, 2017
Messages
883
Reaction score
897
Location
Phx, AZ
Are you perhaps in Arizona? The group of PHX Fire dispatch channels are referred to as "K-Deck" on the RWC system.
 

RetiredVolunteer

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
86
Reaction score
62
Location
Arizona & Michigan
Phoenix Regional Dispatch Center assigns a radio channel for calls. Fire calls usually get assigned an A-Deck channel example A-Deck 5. EMS calls usually get assigned a K-Deck channel example K-Deck 6
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top