Did anyone catch it, I was just sittin at home and the radio blurped and the dspcher went crazy. I actually went down there and took a look, house was leveled.
Did anyone catch it, I was just sittin at home and the radio blurped and the dspcher went crazy. I actually went down there and took a look, house was leveled.
I caught it. Apparently it was a house that exploded. 2 patients were taken by helicopter to a Tulsa hospital. Must have been pretty bad, I heard Kiefer, and Bixby Fire Dept's on the radio as well.
It seems to have been a build up of natural gas. I talked to one of the first firefighters that was on that scene and there was no indication of any foul play or criminal activity. I know whenever I hear of a house "exploding" that the words "meth lab" run through my mind as well. However, that doesn't seem to be the situation in this case. There was a story yesterday and another story today about that incident at www.kotv.com
Yes, I noticed that on KOTV this morning that the morning show crew reported that now investigators believe it "may not" have been a build up of natural gas. Well, at any rate, the hose draggers are out of the loop. That investigation was turned over to the State Fire Marshal's office and the ATF. If they are still the ATF, who knows what they are called today. I'm not sure why they are involved, all I was told is that they were requested.
Rumor has it that the homeowner may of not had gas service and had been using propane for fuel. Several propane tanks exploded and were found in the rubble. I was just getting off-duty when the call went out. Sandy does get a little excited during things like that.
Yeah hmmmm didnt I say something about propane???
I learned about propane at hazmat, Fire cause investigator and Bomb
schools. It is nasty stuff. The government was playing with years back and gotr some awesome results. Remember the Marine barricks explosion some years back. It was propane backed.