Fire Tone out help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOMANTRIC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
On the BC396T, am I able to just run the standby mode in Fire tone out, or do I actually need the tone frequencies? These I am unable to find, as they are not listed anywhere.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
On the BC396T, am I able to just run the standby mode in Fire tone out, or do I actually need the tone frequencies? These I am unable to find, as they are not listed anywhere.

If you use 0's in tone A and tone B and run in standby on the dispatch channel, you will find the tones as they are dispatched. You need to watch though as the radio will not auto store them.

I use the 396xt, but it should be similar if not the same.

mule1075

Feed Provider
On the 396t yes you need the tone freqs.The xt models you do not as they are capable off searching for the tone freqs.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have quite a few in our wiki for Ontario listed here (blue stuff is a link)

Category:Ontario Fire Tone Outs - The RadioReference Wiki

If you can't find what you're looking for here's a PDF document that describes how to do it

http://radioetcetera.googlepages.com/FindingTonesWithAudacity.pdf

and as for Audacity

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

and you don't need a DMA scanner or a discriminator tapped scanner to do it - any old scanner will be fine. Only the Unidens can react to the fire tone outs.

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.