FireToneOut Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFire11

Im trying to find the tones for Franklin County's departments.

I need these 3 tones:

White Level Fire(389/989)
White Level Rescue(389/1099)
Franklin Co EMS(524/483)

I havent been able to find the exact frequencies of these but have come up with some from Audacity, they are in parentheses.

Thanks

trumpetman

Database Admin
Jtsou,

Welcome to the forums. A lot of times, I use this website to help me narrow down what the exact tone values are for the FTO feature:

G & G Communications

I'm not entirely familiar with other counties, but I know in Buncombe County, the tones match up. So tone A is always in the same design as tone B. So if it's a MOT Z design, then find the number that matches up close, and that should be it. I don't see any super close relations, but maybe with a little more time and searching, it'll start adding up for you. I hope this helps!

NCFire11

White Level Fire(389/989) -> Found the 389, so thats good. However there is no 989, but on some websites there is a 989 in Reed group 11, but on some other websites that number is actuallt 1989, confusing. The next closest in the Motorola would be 979.9.
White Level Rescue(389/1099)-> again the 389 here is good but theres no 1099, would this be 1092.4?
Franklin Co EMS(524/483)-> these should be fine

How i got the frequencies to begin with: I recorded the tones with my scanner onto my computer, then i used Audacity to analyze the tones and they gave me the numbers that i have in parentheses, most are close but i want to be sure before i get my minitor 4 reprogrammed

Thanks

trumpetman

Database Admin
Well the best thing to do, obviously, is talk to someone in the know. If that's not an option, see if you can get a hold of a pager that has the tones you already know and want, the reed codes are usually on the belt clip or in the general area. If that doesn't work either, then your system with Audacity should be jsut fine, just test test test and retest before you program it in, and don't rely on it until yo uknow for sure the pager opens up for the calls you want to monitor.

NCFire11

I beleive that those should be close, the people that are programming it do our whole county's communications so they should be able to look them up.

I dont think minitor 4 pagers use the reeds anymore i think they are all electronic now.

Thanks.

ps. If anyone else has ideas, by all means share them.

NCFire11

Ok I opened up an old minitor I pager that I had from way back when. I pulled the reeds out of it and they are close to the tones listed but not exact. The reeds said 384.6 and 977.2. I looked at the chart mentioned above and they are in a completely different group that I thought we used. They are in the mot z group. Are these going to be the exact tones? Because I thought minitor 3-5s used the 1-11 reed groups.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Here in Cabarrus Co. Which is near Charlotte.

We have Minitor 3, 4, & 5 pagers and we use the Motorola Z-Series tones as well.

They will program into the pagers, but the software will round the number to the next closest value.

Our Recue tone is:

A- 524.8 Hz Rounded is 524.6 Hz
B- 977.2 Hz Rounded is 978.0 Hz

I have never had a problem with any of my programmable pagers alerting.

also for a little info. Rowan and Davie counties use the Z-Series Tones as well.

Hope this helps

David

NCFire11

Oh, so Mot-Z tones are not out of the question.. Ill still check with the programmer and see if they have the tones. If they do that would make it a lot easier... Thanks for the help!!

So if he put the tones in that I found, they will kind of be converted into the Mot 1-11 groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.