SDS100/SDS200: Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Just tried the Update Firmware update in Sentinel Software and it downloaded a new firmware update this is in the SDS100 scanner now
MAINE VERSION=1.10.00
SUB VERSION=1.02.01

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
1.10.00 was released in April 2019. Did you recently purchase this scanner and not update the firmware until just now?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just tried the Update Firmware update in Sentinel Software and it downloaded a new firmware update this is in the SDS100 scanner now
MAINE VERSION=1.10.00
SUB VERSION=1.02.01

1.10.00 Main version was released and available through Sentinel back in April 2019

1.02.01 Sub Version was released and available through Sentinel back in March 2019

Saint

Premium Subscriber
1.10.00 Main version was released and available through Sentinel back in April 2019

1.02.01 Sub Version was released and available through Sentinel back in March 2019

No I got the scanner 10 months ago but it went through the motions of updating the firmware

Saint

Premium Subscriber
No I got the scanner 10 months ago but it went through the motions of updating the firmware
Went in to sentinel software click on Update, click on update firmware and it started to update the scanner. Then it stopped before it was finished and ask me to press the power button on the scanner and it finished the update

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
same thing happened to me. I just got a new computer and downloaded sentinel on it, so I thought that was why. Same main and sub versions as you.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yea I doubt if Uniden will take the time to clue us in, they might give away trade secrets by doing so.;)

Not sure what more Uniden can "clue us in" about, there have been no new updates.

This link will take you to the Uniden site that lists the firmware updates, what they contained, and the dates they were released.

As you can see, there is nothing newer that the updates you have now, and those were released well over a year ago.

And here is the post from UPMan announcing the release of the 1.10.00 main firmware version for the SDS100 on April 15, 2019:

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the information.
But it still does not take away from the fact that the scanner Went through an update I have no idea why it would do that

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I have had mine for over a year now... Mine also updated when I first ckecked it the same day I set it up...
It hasn't done any updates since... Everytime I update the database on the scanner I check for firmware updates...
I have seen no updates...

Thats on both my 100 and 200...

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Apparently your scanner was running a previous F/W if it went through the update process. When I check for new F/W I first turn the scanner on, then connect it to the computer. (Sounds like you did it the other way around.) Then go after the update. If you are running the latest it will tell you. Because that’s the first thing the update feature checks for, if you are running the current version it tells you. Now that you have the latest, trying to update again will get you that notification. Or, in the menu go to settings, scrolll down to the last option and you will see displayed in the window your current versions of the Main and Sub.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
What is the proper sequence for updating to/from Sentinel? Update database, read/write to scanner?
Read from scanner = Read scanner data into Sentinel
Write to scanner = Write Sentinel data to the scanner

Depends on what you want to do. If you update the database from Uniden, you'd then write to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.