Fishers Island Law Enf

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what freq Fishers Island Law Enf uses? I know in the summer, the NYSP assigns a Trooper to the Island and I'm pretty sure they have a constable also.

footage

Premium Subscriber
I've seen Town of Southold cars there as well. I think there is only one resident NYSP trooper so I would hazard a guess they might use cellphones to call the mainland.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I believe there is a Southold Constable that lives on the Island all year round.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The New York State Police have turned over law enforcement on Fishers Island to the Southold Police, with the Troopers ceasing operations on Halloween, 2023. Interestingly the State Police vacated the Island before the Southold Police actually assumed control, leaving the island with no law enforcement for a few days.

Southold Police operate on 155.850 PL 192.8, which is simulcast on the Suffolk P25 TRS TG: 111.

Last edited:

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
They may also have a dynamic talkgroup on the east Hampton P25 system, I have been hearing a TG (65420) which I am still working on verifying but may in-fact be southold. If anyone who can monitor east Hamptons system help to verify I would appreciate it. I understand these talkgoups arn’t permanent and come and go as needed but have found some of these talkgroups are in fact semi permanent such as the Suffolk co PD command patch and the sheriff 1 patch. As far as the Suffolk system the southold TG I have mostly heard on the montauk site.

warren

The Southold Bay Constables patrol the waters off Fishers Island, but I believe the Constables on the island are Fishers Island constables. As far as I know Southold does not have any constables other than the bay constables.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The Southold Bay Constables patrol the waters off Fishers Island, but I believe the Constables on the island are Fishers Island constables. As far as I know Southold does not have any constables other than the bay constables.

As per Chief Martin Flatley, of the Southold Police, they have two police officers stationed on Fishers Island. The Constables on Fishers Island are not armed. Should Southold repair the barracks, which is town property, a State Trooper is likely to return.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
They may also have a dynamic talkgroup on the east Hampton P25 system, I have been hearing a TG (65420) which I am still working on verifying but may in-fact be southold. If anyone who can monitor east Hamptons system help to verify I would appreciate it. I understand these talkgoups arn’t permanent and come and go as needed but have found some of these talkgroups are in fact semi permanent such as the Suffolk co PD command patch and the sheriff 1 patch. As far as the Suffolk system the southold TG I have mostly heard on the montauk site.

Sheriff-1 and Command aren't patched with EH800. They have a shared ISSI "roaming" agreement. Certain talk groups like Command, Sheriff-1 work on EH800, and certain EHPD talk groups such as EHTPD-DISP can roam onto the County trunked system. On a side note, there are separate talk groups on the EH800 system such as SHERIFF-E and PD-E available to use if needed.

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Sheriff-1 and Command aren't patched with EH800. They have a shared ISSI "roaming" agreement. Certain talk groups like Command, Sheriff-1 work on EH800, and certain EHPD talk groups such as EHTPD-DISP can roam onto the County trunked system. On a side note, there are separate talk groups on the EH800 system such as SHERIFF-E and PD-E available to use if needed.

Are those TGIDs listed on RR the Sheriff E and PD-E? Or are they a roaming 65xxx TG

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Those talk groups arent roaming. They're actual talk groups on the EH800 system, created back in the day before ISSI roaming, for county agencies to have channels with radio coverage east of Southampton. Not really used much or at all.