Fleetmap Frequency Colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

I know this thread has kinda moved off topic, but I'm also having some problems with my bct15.

I tried programming in just the control frequency, that didnt work
I tried programming in all the frequencies, that didnt work
I tried importing in the data from the RR database, and that didnt work either

Pretty much it just sits there either scanning ids, or searching for ids whenever I try to listen.

I'm in mississauga, so I used the Brittannia site.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I can listen to the trunked peel police perfectly fine, is it just that theres absolutly no activity in my area?
Would mississauga EMS, or anything else be on a different site, and this one is just dead?

Thanks a lot.

Hi sulk, I think you may have missed this step which is a prerequisite for VHF trunking.
Your scanner has default Base Freq. ,Offset and spacing. You have to change them to the values below.

Start fresh in a new bank and add this step before entering the Mississauga freq's

Press "1" or just hit "E" to enter TRUNK TYPE. Hit "1" or "E" again to turn trunking on.

Scroll down (LIMIT) or press "5" to select TYPE2 VHF trunking.

The scanner now needs to setup the VHF trunking system parameters. Hit "E" to enter the BASE CONFIG 1.

Press "141.015E" to enter the BASE FREQUENCY 1.
Press "15E" to enter the SPACE FREQUENCY1.
Press "380E" to enter the OFFSET CHANNEL1 (or just press "E" to leave it at the default which is already 380).

Re-enter the Mississauga freq's , hit search and see if this works.

Just want to acknowledge that this is exerpted from Mike_Oxlong's "sticky" instructions at the top of this forum. :)

Last edited:

sulk

Thanks a lot, mciupa.

I initially read that, and didn't really know what it meant, but after going through the menus I finally figured out that on the bct15 they call it 'Band Plan'

I think I tried programming it using bctool, but it didnt work, but after programming on the scanner it is working.

Thanks again.

mciupa

Thanks a lot, mciupa.

I initially read that, and didn't really know what it meant, but after going through the menus I finally figured out that on the bct15 they call it 'Band Plan'

I think I tried programming it using bctool, but it didnt work, but after programming on the scanner it is working.

Thanks again.

Great !:D
If you are inclined to program the Mowat(Toronto) tower , you will need band plan 2 with the Base of 151.73 and offset of 579.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.