Fleetmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
What type of scanner are you using? You will need to setup the scanner for Type I trunking and enter the 3 frequencies listed in the database. You will also need to enter a custom fleetmap using the info from the database as well, then enter the talkgroups.

I can give you more specific details if you can tell me what type of scanner you are using and if you are programming by hand or with software.

Bullmax

Ok, so I have set the scanner to E1P1, entered in the system fleetmap for each block then put in the tgid's. Is there anything else I need to do?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I used to have a BCT-8 as well. Let me see if I can find the software I used to use with it.... That'll make life a little easier.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
E1P1 is a pre-programmed fleetmap. USR, if I recall, is a user specified fleetmap (which is what you likely want). I presume 'regular' trunk mode would maybe be Type II trunking (which doesn't require a fleetmap).

Bullmax

What type of scanner are you using? You will need to setup the scanner for Type I trunking and enter the 3 frequencies listed in the database. You will also need to enter a custom fleetmap using the info from the database as well, then enter the talkgroups.

I can give you more specific details if you can tell me what type of scanner you are using and if you are programming by hand or with software.

Until they switch over, I want to get this programmed properly. All I have entered is the system frequencies. I can hear most of the calls but sometimes when they are going car to dispatch it sounds like garbal like two are talking at once.

Do you know what I need to do to program properly? Thanks for any help.

mciupa

Database Admin
You have to set it up for Motorola Type I trunking.

When you select trunk type , choose E1 ,press E

Use the up or down key to find Fleet , press E

Use up or down key and pass all the fleet maps until you find: Usr , press E

In each block, make sure it matches the blocks from the database link.
The data base shows them as B0, but your scanner will show them as S0

So first block is : S 0, second is S 0, third is S 3, fourth S 0,fifth S 0,sixth S 0 ,seventh S 0,and finally eighth one is S 0
Push your Scan button if you have the talkgroups entered already, but if you don't, then put it in Search and the type 1 talk groups will show up like 200-01

Bullmax

mciupa, I thought everything was good but its still not. Most of the transmissions sounds like two people talking at once and can't make out what they are saying. If I hold on the control frequency itself, I can hear clearly. When I take off hold, it picks up the talk groups and thats when I can't make out what they are saying. Any ideas? I have it set up they way you showed me.

mciupa

Database Admin
I'm out of suggestions :( Perhaps forts could help you further.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does it always sound that way? Or does it come and go? How about the conventional channels, do they sound ok? I know there are some areas in the city where the system just plain sounds awful. Lots of background noise and it's very difficult to understand them. Try the Attenuator and see if that makes any difference. I find I need to use it on my Pro-106 in many areas of the city.

Bullmax

Does it always sound that way? Or does it come and go? How about the conventional channels, do they sound ok? I know there are some areas in the city where the system just plain sounds awful. Lots of background noise and it's very difficult to understand them. Try the Attenuator and see if that makes any difference. I find I need to use it on my Pro-106 in many areas of the city.

It does come and go, mostly goes though. The conventional channels are better.
What is Attenuator and how do you change that?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
D'oh. My bad. Looks like the BCT-8 does't have an attenuator feature (used to... well, attenuate very strong signals which can overload the scanner resulting in poor reception).

What type of antenna are you using? Stock whip or something else. Also, do you have programming software for the radio? If so you could send me your file to have a boo at.

DaveH

The system should not behave that way i.e. two conversations on the same
talkgroup. Try running through the fleetmap programming procedure without
actually changing the settings, to verify it.

Dave

Bullmax

Push your Scan button if you have the talkgroups entered already, but if you don't, then put it in Search and the type 1 talk groups will show up like 200-01

The talk groups range from 200-01, 16-485, 16-284 and some other 16 ones.

I did another factory reset and ran through the fleetmap without changing anything and its still the same.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Something sounds odd there. You should really only be seeing 200-01, 200-02 and 200-03 (Dispatch, Tac 1 & 2). There should be no other Type I talkgroups. There are a few Type II talkgroups (training and such) but they are very rarely used.

Bullmax

I did have 200-01, 02, 03 in there under 3 Prog id. It has automatically changed it to 16-639, 16-767, 16-895. I do hear them going to the calls with these id's as well as the 200 ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.