Fleetnet OPP Communications Centre Dispatch, new Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I've read and seen and heard that there is a new London Dispatch Centre. I'm lucky enough to be able to monitor Woodlawn, Brantford and Woodstock towers and I've noticed lately new radio ID for Dispatch to the various talkgroups.

Would the new Dispatch Centre have new consoles and then new radio ID'S? I've seen new RIDS now.

As follows :
24354 chatham/Kent
24540 Brant/Haldimand 6 Nations
24538 Oxford
24537 Elgin (patched with Middlesex?)
24539 Norfolk or Norfolk patched with Oxford?
24533 Wellington patched with MTOE?

I guess I can add these to wiki unless someone here wants to.

E

gary123

During a move like this I would think there would be some new RIDs associated with the new comm center. Some of the hardware would have been set up with new units so the old comm center could stay in operation. Then as consoles transitioned over the old hardware would be 'reassigned' to another console. I would expect to see a few new ones and a lot of RID user reassignments.

Nice catch by the way.

Reactions: EJB

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
It's easy for me to find Dispatch RID's. I monitor 2 scanners that get them and record at times. Getting Woodstock helps me with far away RID's.

jets1961

Hey I know this is off topic but it could be related, plus I am out of province.

Is the Fleetnet system going to be replaced or upgraded anytime soon?

mciupa

Database Admin
I think the government has other financial priorities for the foreseeable future.

Please keep this thread on topic as a courtesy to Eric.

gary123

mciupa is right. You can extrapolate this to any provincial service getting funding for new projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.