Florida Forum Moderation

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
All -

I have been given the opportunity and privilege to moderate the Florida forum here on RR.

In the coming hours, some of the threads that are currently open that are duplicated as similar or of the same general topic will be closed and a pointer provided to the current master thread - Broward County is a good example.

I do not believe in heavy handed moderation - but I do believe in keeping things as organized as possible so that information is kept consolidated on the topic at hand - this makes searching for information much easier!

Please do not think that locking a thread and providing a pointer to the current discussion is a derogatory action towards you or your posts (!)

Unfortunately, when some threads are moved, they are in date order. This is normal and may lead to some confusion initially --- but will work itself out over time as threads are populated with new posts. No information or posts are being deleted.

Very important --- If you have any recommendations on merging threads, please shoot me a message!

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

Reconrider

Congrats on the position. I'm not in FL but moderation is always a key to keep the forum spam and clutter down.

batdude

Also, I am doing some Title edits to what I consider the "master" threads on some of the systems in Florida.

In an effort to keep all the posts under a single thread, these (for the most part) have been renamed with something like this:

FPL P25p2 Florida System (00A.92463)
or
Miami-Beach P25 Phase II (011.46F77)

etc.

There isn't a standard here other than adding the SysID and WACN to the end of the thread title. I think this may help with searches going forward. Where systems have unique names - like Alachua County GRUCom - I've added that to the title as well.

If i missed any, please let me know!

doug

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Congrats Doug!

Perhaps you could maybe create a sticky thread here linking to all of these "master threads"? Probably best to have since there are still likely going to be times when people will come around, make a new thread before reading, etc. Plus, the threads, if not replied to for long periods of time, could become buried and difficult to find. And having a single thread listing these master threads in a directory-like fashion keeps sticky threads low as well.

Just my $0.02. You can go about this however you want. :)

- Zach

batdude

Florida master system thread link: