FM signal on Inmarsat Russian ?

Hutchp

Receiving Russian ( or Ukrainian ?) music on Inmarsat Alphasat at 25E. Frequency 1552.777Mhz. Analogue FM signal about 8Khz bandwidth. Seems to be a loop of the same song being repeated. Maybe someone with better language skills than me can ID it.

Hutch

Hutchp

multiple FM signals now plus pictures in the waterfall display. Clearly some form of propaganda broadcastDDC1Waterfall.jpeg

Hutchp

I don't think there is any on board processing on the satellite. Transponders are all C-L/L-C. I did wonder if I might be seeing this from another satellite like one of the Russian Meridian HEO's ?
There were 8x FM channels this morning plus the waterfall image. Then at 05:58z at wideband carrier approx. 170Khz bandwidth came up over the top of them for about 10mins

Hutch

RFI-EMI-GUY

I don't think there is any on board processing on the satellite. Transponders are all C-L/L-C. I did wonder if I might be seeing this from another satellite like one of the Russian Meridian HEO's ?
There were 8x FM channels this morning plus the waterfall image. Then at 05:58z at wideband carrier approx. 170Khz bandwidth came up over the top of them for about 10mins

Hutch
I used to monitor Inmarsat when it was all analog. Picked up some interesting stuff. NASA may still have a transponder dedicated for downrange operations.

Hutchp

Not convinced that what I am hearing and seeing is actually on Inmarsat at 25E. What would be the target audience for this on Inmarsat ? I still wonder if its a Russian Meridian HEO Sat that I am actually receiving on my 25E dish.

Hutch