DSDPlus FMPP bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I have not been able to use FMPP to control an SDRPlay RSPDuo. I get an error message that says:

Error processing config file (FMP24.cfg)
Can't open configuration file

I have saved a copy of FMP24.cfg as FMPP.cfg, but it makes no difference.

D

DaveNF2G

There has been no FMPP.cfg in any update zipfile since it appeared.

EDIT: FMPP does not appear to be looking for that filename anyway. It wants to open FMP24.cfg.

morfis

==================command window content==================
D:\Rad-Soft\DSD_Plus>FMPP -i1 -o1 -f139.59375
FMPP 1.3

Current working directory is "D:\Rad-Soft\DSD_Plus"
SDRPlay serial number list: 180605F032
Spectrum window width: 1024
FFT size: 32,768
Spectrum update rate: 10 Hz
Step size table: 5.000 6.250 7.500 12.500 15.000 25.000 100.000
DSD+ path is "D:\Rad-Soft\DSD_Plus"
Primary frequency list: '.\FreqList.csv'
Secondary frequency list: '.\FreqList2.csv'
Database search distance: 99.90 miles
Base latitude/longitude: 19.7163 -155.6241
Using SDRPlay device #1 (s/n 180605F032)
Using WaveOut device #1
Initial frequency set to 139.593750 MHz
Optimizing FFT calculations... done.
==================

Above is a test start using a duo and at no point did it ask about the config (the FMPP.cfg file exists in the 2.169 update as per slicerwizard's post - I added in the device IDs for two duos. The frequency is just one on which I know there will be audible data so I knew it was tuning correctly)
Nothing special in my DSD_Plus directory....I just add each update as I get it.

slicerwizard

I just add each update as I get it.
Same here. I add all of the files that are in each update to my DSD+ folder. Seems like some are only adding some of the files (like .exe files) and/or skipping some of their updates, which leaves their DSD+ folder in a messed up state. We've seen posts about missing .cfg files, missing .P25data file, not having a particular batch file, and so on. No idea why anyone does that.

D

DaveNF2G

I extracted every file from every update into my 24+ directories on each of three computers. If there had been an FMPP.cfg in any archive, then it would exist many times in my station. I have exactly zero copies of that file.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I extracted every file from every update into my 24+ directories on each of three computers. If there had been an FMPP.cfg in any archive, then it would exist many times in my station. I have exactly zero copies of that file.

I just looked at all my dsd folders and I also do not have any fmpp.cfg files at all. Something I've never used in the folder must create that file as I've always extracted ALL files as each new Fastlane version is released but still no fmpp.cfg file.
I even looked on my other machine that used to be my main dsdplus machine but still no fmpp.cfg file.
And of course, I did start with the public free version to get the main files needed.
If fmpp.cfg was only included or added in one of the Fastlane versions before I subscribed to Fastlane, that may also explain the lack of the file. I don't recall what version Fastlane was at when I subscribed.

I'm with ya Dave! I also have ZERO copies of FMPP.CFG in any folders used for dsdplus on any of the machines I've used or do use for dsdplus.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I found the missing FMPP.CFG file!
I just logged some 20 terabytes of files and found the dsdplus2p_169 version archive.
It contains the missing FMPP.CFG file as well as a couple missing FMPP-VC and CC.BAT files as well.
I'm thinking it may have been an extraction error. I generally use WINRAR or WINZIP as they both allow the needed decryption password to be entered.
I did confirm my last backed up dsdplus folder was indeed version 169 so I obviously extracted all the files into that folder from the version 169 email I received yet it did not extract the missing FMPP files other than the exe file itself.
I still think it was some odd extraction error as I also ALWAYS extract ALL files from each new Fastlane version email I receive plus make sure I let it overwrite any same named files. I also do a complete folder backup of my main dsdplus folder before I ever extract any new Fastlane version but none of those backups contained anything other than the FMPP.EXE file itself. Very strange.

DRL-XM43

As per the email

You may need to use an up to date version of WinRAR or 7Zip to process your zip file.

I find 7Zip does the job flawlessly without any extraction issues.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
As per the email

You may need to use an up to date version of WinRAR or 7Zip to process your zip file.

I find 7Zip does the job flawlessly without any extraction issues.

That's pretty much how I've always extracted the new versions as they come out.
No idea why some of the files would have not extracted though. Definitely not because they already existed as they did not!
The only thing I can think of is the possibility I'd used WinZip (latest version) before and maybe there is something going on there?
In the past, I always used 7Zip as that was what was used to compress the older Fastlane versions. Since they changed the email delivery method, they now have a standard

I plan on testing different extractor programs and versions on the original password protected 169 version and see if I can duplicate the problem. It makes me wonder if other things may be missing now that this was discovered!

The older files were included as an attachment and always had a .ZAP file extension. Not the new distribution method just emails a link to the new version download which always has a .ZIP extension.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sorry, but @slicerwizard is correct, FMPP.cfg was contained in the 2.169 distribution from March 16th.

If the file never made it into any of your directories, then something went wrong on your end. I would suggest being more diligent in the future when extracting the files, verifying that all files from the distribution archive make it into the directories. I'm not sure what software you're using to extract the files, but the only one you need at this point is 7-Zip

1557774881219.png

D

DaveNF2G

I'm using 7Zip and apparently I'm not the only one with the issue.

I will re-check the 2.169 archive when I get home.

DRL-XM43

I'm using 7Zip and apparently I'm not the only one with the issue.

I will re-check the 2.169 archive when I get home.

If you are extracting directly into your existing DSD+ directories/computers I suggest extracting into a separate folder and then checking the contents and perhaps glance at the notes (there may be a reason there to modify something before migrating to live system)

.... before copying them into your live setups...

Just sayin'

D

DaveNF2G

Actually, the 2.176 update would not allow that (or Windows would not allow it) for some reason.

I extracted into the download directory, then tried to copy the files to the working directory. "File(s) cannot be copied." No other info than that. Direct extraction to the work directory worked fine.

DRL-XM43

Actually, the 2.176 update would not allow that (or Windows would not allow it) for some reason.

I extracted into the download directory, then tried to copy the files to the working directory. "File(s) cannot be copied." No other info than that. Direct extraction to the work directory worked fine.

Files cannot be copied.... hmmm that's interesting and I think unique, I have not seen that with my system. Makes me wonder why?

D

DaveNF2G

I finally got a chance to get back to this. Here is a screenshot of the 2.169 update archive - still no FMPP.cfg included.

vs190518-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.