Folsom Fire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crucialcolin

I've been wondering this for quite some time now. I was wondering if anyone knows the frequencies or Talk Groups to be able to listen to the Folsom Fire Department? I'ts not listed anywhere in Sac County or the SRRCS trunked system.

Anyone know about this? are the piggybacked onto some county fire channels or something?

Markinsac

There are only two frequencies in the VHF that appear to be licensed to the Fire Department. After a bit of looking around, it appears that they are part of the regional dispatch system that is also used by the other fire districts around Sacramento. Here is a link I found:

http://www.srfecc.ca.gov/

This isn't to say that there aren't other possible methods - this is just what I found. Since they have station numbers that don't duplicate any of the Metro stations, I'm inclined to believe that they use the system.

whiskeytango

they are in the sac county trunk radio system, they arent separated in relation to dispatching tho. theyre 35, 36, 37, and station 38. folsom PD has their own tg's tho

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Folsom Fire aka Sac Metro Fire

Folsom Fire is part of Sacramento Metro Fire. Sac Metro Fire is dispatched on the SRRCS A1, which is simulcast on 154.190 MHz. Of course these channels are shared with everyone else in Sacramento county.

When it comes to incidents, they are each assigned command and/or tac channels. The command and tac channels used by Sac Metro Fire are:
A2 to A5 for command
A6 to A12 for tac
and if there is overflow, they will start to assign C6 (to C12).

clanusb

Folsom Fire is part of Sacramento Metro Fire. Sac Metro Fire is dispatched on the SRRCS A1, which is simulcast on 154.190 MHz. Of course these channels are shared with everyone else in Sacramento county.

When it comes to incidents, they are each assigned command and/or tac channels. The command and tac channels used by Sac Metro Fire are:
A2 to A5 for command
A6 to A12 for tac
and if there is overflow, they will start to assign C6 (to C12).

That really is misleading and should be changed. It isn't just Metro Fire on the Alpha TG's, its all of the fire departments in the county besides the City of Sacramento. (unless they are doing mutual aid.)

Metro Fire, Cosumnes Fire, Folsom Fire, Herald VFD, Wilton VFD, and Courtland VFD ((all seperate departments)) are all on the county/ Alpha talk groups.
Sacramento City Fire uses the Bravo.
Can someone please clarify this in the Database?

and just an FYI Folsom is Battalion 15.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Listening in Sacramento

That really is misleading and should be changed. It isn't just Metro Fire on the Alpha TGs, its all of the fire departments in the county besides the City of Sacramento. (unless they are doing mutual aid.)
I disagree. There is nothing misleading about it. All of the old fire departments are now one large department.

Metro Fire, Cosumnes Fire, Folsom Fire, Herald VFD, Wilton VFD, and Courtland VFD ((all seperate departments)) are all on the county/ Alpha talk groups. Sacramento City Fire uses the Bravo. Can someone please clarify this in the Database?
I don't think the DB is the place to make this clarification. This type of "discussion" should go in the Wiki. Note that there are A, B, C, D & T talkgroups; not just Alpha & Bravo. You'll find a lot of little details like this if you listen much in the Sacramento area. Things like EGF or MSJ or a host of other unique terms to the area.

clanusb

I disagree. There is nothing misleading about it. All of the old fire departments are now one large department.

I am an Employee of one of the Fire Departments I listed. I think you need a little education.
Sac Metro Fire, Cosumnes Fire, Folsom Fire are SEPERATE departments. They all have Mutual aid agreements obviously.

SAC METRO FIRE was formerly comprised of the following fire departments: Florin FPD, Citrus Heights, Sacramento COUNTY, American River, Elverta, North Highlands, Carmichael, Rancho Cordova, Fair Oaks, etc.

Cosumnes Fire was formerly comprised of the following fire departments: Elk Grove CSD FD and Galt FD.

Folsom has always been Folsom.

Wilton, Herald, and Courtland, and Walnut Grove VFD's have always been VFD's.

ALL of these DIFFERENT departments all use the SAME channels/tg's and are dispatched on the same channel of 154.1900 as well.

Make Sense?

I don't think the DB is the place to make this clarification. This type of "discussion" should go in the Wiki. Note that there are A, B, C, D & T talkgroups; not just Alpha & Bravo. You'll find a lot of little details like this if you listen much in the Sacramento area. Things like EGF or MSJ or a host of other unique terms to the area.

I am MORE than aware that there are more than just Alpha and Bravo TG's. The OP asked about FOLSOM, he will find all of FOLSOM operations on the ALPHA side, unless for some reason they get rolled over to another TG.

Alpha talk-groups are used by the following: Sac Metro, Folsom, Cosumnes, and the 4 VFD's.
Bravo is used by Sacramento City.

Charlie Talk-groups are rarely used, but in the summer time (4th of july) when there are many incidents going on that all of the A and B talk-groups are in use.
Delta Talk-groups are used for Drills, and sometimes for other department activities such as station bids.
Tango Talk-groups have not been used for awhile because there has not been any local academies, they are also sometimes used as drilling talk-groups as well.

These fire departments are not one in the same, thats like saying that EGPD, CHPD, SSD, SPD, and RCPD(contacted w/ SSD) are all the same......when in fact they are not, and they are CLEARLY marked in the wiki and/or database.

**If I have misunderstood your statements gmclam I am sorry.**

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
... ALL of these DIFFERENT departments all use the SAME channels/TGs and are dispatched on the same channel of 154.1900 as well.

Make Sense?
Thanks, I could have used better language. The point here is that they are all on the same channels, and there's no sense in listing them separately in the DB. Otherwise when someone goes to import the data, they'd get an entry for each dept, resulting in the same frequency or TG multiple times.

I am MORE than aware that there are more than just Alpha and Bravo TGs. The OP asked about FOLSOM, he will find all of FOLSOM operations on the ALPHA side, unless for some reason they get rolled over to another TG. ...

Charlie talkgroups are rarely used, but in the summer time (4th of july) when there are many incidents going on that all of the A and B talkgroups are in use.
How often TGs are used is not the issue. The point is that Folsom Fire calls can easily happen on C TGs. That not only happened on July 4th but also on a red flag day when there were an abundance of fire calls; so many that A6 to A12 were all assigned.

These fire departments are not one in the same, thats like saying that EGPD, CHPD, SSD, SPD, and RCPD(contacted w/ SSD) are all the same......when in fact they are not, and they are CLEARLY marked in the wiki and/or database.
For the purpose of monitoring RADIO traffic, RC PD is on an SSD channel. During busy times they use SSD 4 but during low traffic time they can be found on SSD 3 or SSD 1. Certainly not the same agency, but for the point of monitoring on a scanner, which is what this is about, they use the same channels.

**If I have misunderstood your statements gmclam I am sorry.**
I was trying to be too concise in my wording. I'm not trying to say that the employees of all these different agencies get their paychecks from the same place. Again my point is where the radio traffic is found. These type of explanations belong in the Wiki under the collaborate section, not in the DB (IMO). Sorry.

crucialcolin

Ok I figured that they were on some shared channels. To be honest I don't listen to Sac all that much So I wouldn't know what they used. I was interested if there happened to be a time I wanted to listen in because I heard about some active incident happening. There wasn't any listing for Folsom and I thought that was somewhat odd. Now I know why of course ;)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento County is not listed like other counties and should be

While I monitor Sacramento 24/7, I don't look at the DB very much for it. However, I do search other areas in the DB all time. After thinking about this issue a little more, something struck me.

Here is the Sacramento County data.
Here is data for another county.

Sacramento county should have a header in reversed text (white on a dark bar) for the following cities: Citrus Heights, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento. Currently there is only a reversed heading for Galt.

Interestingly under the Galt heading it has the following: "See SRRCS - Sacramento County Fire "A" Group". There is a section for Folsom, but it does not tell us much. It should make the same reference to the SRRCS that Galt does, but for both LE and fire. And this should be repeated for the cities to which it applies.

When looking at my example for another county, it is very nice. Each city is listed and you can figure out what is on a trunked system, what is conventional and so forth.

DB admin, if you are reading: ALL COUNTIES SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME!!

clanusb

While I monitor Sacramento 24/7, I don't look at the DB very much for it. However, I do search other areas in the DB all time. After thinking about this issue a little more, something struck me.

Here is the Sacramento County data.
Here is data for another county.

Sacramento county should have a header in reversed text (white on a dark bar) for the following cities: Citrus Heights, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento. Currently there is only a reversed heading for Galt.

Interestingly under the Galt heading it has the following: "See SRRCS - Sacramento County Fire "A" Group". There is a section for Folsom, but it does not tell us much. It should make the same reference to the SRRCS that Galt does, but for both LE and fire. And this should be repeated for the cities to which it applies.

When looking at my example for another county, it is very nice. Each city is listed and you can figure out what is on a trunked system, what is conventional and so forth.

DB admin, if you are reading: ALL COUNTIES SHOULD BE TREATED THE SAME!!

Thats what I was trying to say, Alpha does not just belong to Metro *therefore it is misleading for everyone who is looking for the other departments*

Last edited:

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I agree, some kind of reference should be made in the database to indicate what departments are on what fire TG's.

Maybe the fire department section of the database could look something like this.

Sacramento Regional Fire/EMS Communications Center (SRFECC)

Fire A; Sacramento Metro Fire, Cosumnes Fire, Folsom Fire, Herald VFD, Wilton VFD, and Courtland VFD
53200 cfd A FDSP A1 Dispatch A Fire Dispatch
53232 cff A FCOM A2 Command 2 Fire-Tac
53264 d01 A FCOM A3 Command 3 Fire-Tac
53296 d03 A FCOM A4 Command 4 Fire-Tac
53328 d05 A FCOM A5 Command 5 Fire-Tac
53360 d07 A FT A6 Tac 6 Fire-Tac
53392 d09 A FT A7 Tac 7 Fire-Tac
53424 d0b A FT A8 Tac 8 Fire-Tac
53456 d0d A FT A9 Tac 9 Fire-Tac
53488 d0f A FT A10 Tac 10 Fire-Tac
53520 d11 A FT A11 Tac 11 Fire-Tac
53552 d13 A FT A12 Tac 12 Fire-Tac
53584 d15 A FADM A Administration Fire-Talk
53616 d17 A FPRV A Prevention Fire-Talk
53648 d19 A ARSON A Arson Fire-Talk

Fire B; Sacramento City Fire
59248 e77 A FDSP B1 Dispatch B Fire Dispatch
59280 e79 A FCOM B2 Command 2 Fire-Tac
59312 e7b A FCOM B3 Command 3 Fire-Tac
59344 e7d A FCOM B4 Command 4 Fire-Tac
59376 e7f A FCOM B5 Command 5 Fire-Tac
59408 e81 A FT B6 Tac 6 Fire-Tac
47664 ba3 A B6 Patch B6 Patch Fire-Tac
59440 e83 A FT B7 Tac 7 Fire-Tac
59472 e85 A FT B8 Tac 8 Fire-Tac
59504 e87 A FT B9 Tac 9 Fire-Tac
59536 e89 A FT B10 Tac 10 Fire-Tac
59568 e8b A FT B11 Tac 11 Fire-Tac
59600 e8d A FT B12 Tac 12 Fire-Tac
59632 e8f A FADM B Administration Fire-Talk
59664 e91 A FPRV B Prevention Fire-Talk
59696 e93 A ARSON B Arson Fire-Talk

Fire C; Overflow Group
53680 d1b A FDSP C Dispatch Fire Dispatch
53712 d1d A FCOM C2 Command 2 Fire-Tac
53744 d1f A FCOM C3 Command 3 Fire-Tac
53776 d21 A FCOM C4 Command 4 Fire-Tac
53808 d23 A FCOM C5 Command 5 Fire-Tac
53840 d25 A FT C6 Tac 6 Fire-Tac
53872 d27 A FT C7 Tac 7 Fire-Tac
53904 d29 A FT C8 Tac 8 Fire-Tac
53936 d2b A FT C9 Tac 9 Fire-Tac
53968 d2d A FT C10 Tac 10 Fire-Tac
54000 d2f A FT C11 Tac 11 Fire-Tac
54032 d31 A FT C12 Tac 12 Fire-Tac
54064 d33 A FADM C Administration Fire-Talk
54096 d35 A FPRV C Prevention Fire-Talk
54128 d37 A ARSON C Arson Fire-Talk

Fire D; Drills
54160 d39 A FDSP D Dispatch Fire Dispatch
54192 d3b A FCOM D2 Command 2 Fire-Tac
54224 d3d A FCOM D3 Command 3 Fire-Tac
54256 d3f A FCOM D4 Command 4 Fire-Tac
54288 d41 A FCOM D5 Command 5 Fire-Tac
54320 d43 A FT D6 Tac 6 Fire-Tac
54352 d45 A FT D7 Tac 7 Fire-Tac
54384 d47 A FT D8 Tac 8 Fire-Tac
54416 d49 A FT D9 Tac 9 Fire-Tac
54448 d4b A FT D10 Tac 10 Fire-Tac
54480 d4d A FT D11 Tac 11 Fire-Tac
54512 d4f A FT D12 Tac 12 Fire-Tac
54544 d51 A FADM D Administration Fire-Talk
54576 d53 A FPRV D Prevention Fire-Talk
54608 d55 A ARSON D Arson Fire-Talk

Fire T; Training
54640 d57 A FDSP T Dispatch Fire Dispatch
54672 d59 A FCOM T2 Command 2 Fire-Tac
54704 d5b A FCOM T3 Command 3 Fire-Tac
54736 d5d A FCOM T4 Command 4 Fire-Tac
54768 d5f A FCOM T5 Command 5 Fire-Tac
54800 d61 A FT T6 Tac 6 Fire-Tac
54832 d63 A FT T7 Tac 7 Fire-Tac
54864 d65 A FT T8 Tac 8 Fire-Tac
54896 d67 A FT T9 Tac 9 Fire-Tac
54928 d69 A FT T10 Tac 10 Fire-Tac
54960 d6b A FT T11 Tac 11 Fire-Tac
54992 d6d A FT T12 Tac 12 Fire-Tac
55024 d6f A FADM T Administration Fire-Talk
55056 d71 A FPRV T Prevention Fire-Talk
55088 d73 A ARSON T Arson Fire-Talk

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
RC PD is on an SSD channel. During busy times they use SSD 4 but during low traffic time they can be found on SSD 3 or SSD 1. Certainly not the same agency, but for the point of monitoring on a scanner, which is what this is about, they use the same channels.

Not to nitpick but for clarification, RCPD is staffed (unless I have missed something) by SSD deputies.

When the time comes they will most likely have a RCPD group on the system (or a totally different radio system) just like CHPD and EGPD have done when they got rid of the SSD contract.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
DB Sacramento County listing needs to be improved

Not to nitpick but for clarification, RCPD is staffed (unless I have missed something) by SSD deputies.
I think the problem is that the data in the DB makes a lot of assumptions. This area is quite dynamic and has been going through changes just like Los Angeles and the Bay Area have over the decades. WE (those who have lived and listened here for years) know how it all works. And while there is no specific channel/channels for "Folsom Fire", those interested in listening to fire calls in Folsom should be able to figure out from the DB where to listen.

This is why I provided a couple of links in an earlier post to compare how data is listed for Sacramento county and another county. Each city is listed in San Mateo county, but not here. I don't want to see redundant DB entries, as explained earlier; but a description/etc is needed for each city telling what channels are used for what.

I even left out a city in my earlier post; the cities that need explanation (with a reversed text header) are: Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento. This still wouldn't cover unincorporated areas like Fair Oaks, Orangevale & Rio Linda, but perhaps should.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Each city is listed in San Mateo county, but not here.

Contra Costa County also shows each city.

I don't want to see redundant DB entries, as explained earlier; but a description/etc is needed for each city telling what channels are used for what.

Agree.

the cities that need explanation (with a reversed text header) are: Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Isleton, Rancho Cordova and Sacramento.

Also agree.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
As the fire TG's are listed in the DB now, when uploading them into a scanner wont it put the FIRE B TG's in one group (Sacramento City Fire) and the FIRE A, FIRE C, FIRE D and FIRE T TG's in another group (Sacramento County Fire) ?

Would it not make for better grouping to separate FIRE A, FIRE B, FIRE C, FIRE D, and FIRE T?

That way when uploading from the DB you could independently select what fire TG's you want and not upload the big group in the "Sacramento County Fire" list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.