Fort Worth Regional Radio System Renamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

The easiest thing you can do is "redirect" the database wiki button link to the existing FWRRS article. That takes the least amount of work and shouldn't break anything but then you end up with all the other wiki articles not being changed and still having names containing "Fort Worth Regional Radio System". That will confuse people who don't know that the system name changed.

The better thing to do is "move" (rename) the main wiki article that the database wiki button links to. Doing that breaks all the other wiki articles that link to the main article because they still all refer to the old name. If you do that then you have to find all the links and move/rename articles with the old name and edit links in other articles.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I've done some editing on the Wiki before, I can look at it and try and fix it (there's ways of knowing what will break, and then those pages can be edited as well). Probably sometime this weekend.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I just went through and cleaned up the Wiki. There were 8 other pages that pointed to the old page, as well as the "Unknown Talkgroups" page, which I fixed all of them. Each reference has the new name and says that it "formerly was known as the Fort Worth Regional Radio System".

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Is this system supposed to be combining with the NCTCOG and Dallas joining it? I thought that's what I heard a few months ago?

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Is this system supposed to be combining with the NCTCOG and Dallas joining it? I thought that's what I heard a few months ago?

. Dallas is supposed to be a new layer on the system in the near future. I don't know about the NCTCOG system, but that wouldn't surprise me a bit either. It already gets used occasionally in some patches I've heard before with the NTIRN system.

Brian
COMMSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.