Franklin County radio upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
My TRX-1 is working , not fantastic but working. I'm curious if the old PRO96 will work . I'm not sure if it's a P 1 or P 2 system in Franklin County.

tvengr

Well Known Member
It is a Phase 2 capable system but everything except Adams Co is currently operating as Phase 1. Adams Co is entirely Phase 2. The Pro-96 will presently receive Franklin Co if simulcast isn't a problem. Franklin Co law enforcement is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Fire, EMS, and local government are open to receive. Here is the link to the South Central Interoperability Network:
In the mode column, D=Phase 1, DE=Phase 1 encrypted, T=Phase 2, and TE=Phase 2 encrypted.
I would still like to look at your programming file to see if anything can be done to improve it.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
For Franklin County What settings does the pro96 need for control channel- normal,splinter,custom or multi. what base freq.,offset and step size. I have tried a number of different settings and can't get it to work.

tvengr

Well Known Member
First, try with tables Normal since it is a P25 system.
If that doesn't work, use single table for MOT 9600 Systems Bandplan.
Pro-96/PRO-2096 Table:
Lo Ch-16384
Hi Ch-20479
Base-468.825
Offset-16384
Step-12.5
The information is from the old Franklin Co system. The frequencies are the same with the South Central system, so the bandplan is still valid. If you get the Pro-96 working, try adjusting VR4 inside the scanner for the best P25 decode. It can make a big difference.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Why is Adams County Listed under the South Central Interoperability Network instead of its own system?
While the system is more or less standalone, it is also logically part of a larger networked regional system.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Why is Adams County Listed under the South Central Interoperability Network instead of its own system?
Because it doesn't have it's own system any more. What used to be the Adams County system as been combined with the Franklin County system and some other things to form South Central Interoperability Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.