free programming software for bcd325p2

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 325P2 doesn't have a built in database like the HP scanners do...

Before you jump into programming you need to understand what Dynamic Memory Allocation or DMA works in these scanners. Our FAQ will give you lots of help on this, and there is also a page with LOTS of linked resources to help. You can also find the link for the 325 serial driver (which you will need to install to connect your PC and scanner) here....

Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys and also meets your price requirements (FREE)!

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 16

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
not paying $50 just to update scanner
Oh you don't know what you're missing. Proscan does more than just update the frequencies. Read up on it, it's the best $50 I've spent. I just spent $60.00 on renewing my RR membership, also money well spent. The hobby isn't cheap, either is a Big Mac & Fries...which reminds me...:coffee::cool:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Under the relevant resources page of the above wiki are links to videos on YouTube and others that should help. But yes, it takes a bit of thought and study to program these kind of scanners correctly. Prepare your favorite beer and chips, and start reading. You'll learn more by doing, making mistakes and fixing it then sending it to someone. And what if you want to make changes?

Mike

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Lets help him out. Stanbud just use freescan. Here is a wiki link that includes helpful videos.

Everyone keeps saying the same the thing of freescan this one and elsewhere, unless the OP wants/needs dmr/nxdn and I can relate that majority really dont at least in my local area, freescan works perfectly well and I still use it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Lets help him out. Stanbud just use freescan. Here is a wiki link that includes helpful videos.

Everyone keeps saying the same the thing of freescan this one and elsewhere, unless the OP wants/needs dmr/nxdn and I can relate that majority really dont at least in my local area, freescan works perfectly well and I still use it.
Did the bugs you reported ever get fixed?

Google maps broke, system and site types may not match the scanner, options may not apply to the scanner using. Other then that, "freescan works perfectly well"

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep saying 'perfectly' on freescan wasn't the best usage there for sure! o_O Still is usable, temperamental though, has the 2.19 offshoot too.

Yeah I always laugh at so many software products out there over the years that say award winning, cracks me up. Where's the academy award? :ROFLMAO: