I am learning to use Freescan after years of using UASD, and have a question....
In UASD, I have a bunch of "Configuration" files. Each Config file typically contains a set of "system files". I have several system files that map into different config files. In the UASD editor, if I change a system file, then anytime/everytime i upload a config that uses that system file, it grabs the one and only updated file.
So far, in Freescan, it looks to me like when I put a system into a configuration, if I then update that system (add or delete a talkgroup for example), it only makes that change in that specific system vile in that specific configuration, and if I use that system in a different configuration set up, I have to go make that same change in that system file.
I hope my question is clear. Maybe it gets down to how Freescan organizes and links (or doesn't link) files, or maybe I am just not being smart about how I organize my files. I just don't see how to have a common library of systems that the different config set ups draw from like UASD does....
Thanks for any suggestions/clarifications
In UASD, I have a bunch of "Configuration" files. Each Config file typically contains a set of "system files". I have several system files that map into different config files. In the UASD editor, if I change a system file, then anytime/everytime i upload a config that uses that system file, it grabs the one and only updated file.
So far, in Freescan, it looks to me like when I put a system into a configuration, if I then update that system (add or delete a talkgroup for example), it only makes that change in that specific system vile in that specific configuration, and if I use that system in a different configuration set up, I have to go make that same change in that system file.
I hope my question is clear. Maybe it gets down to how Freescan organizes and links (or doesn't link) files, or maybe I am just not being smart about how I organize my files. I just don't see how to have a common library of systems that the different config set ups draw from like UASD does....
Thanks for any suggestions/clarifications