Frequency ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioflow

151.5375 MHz, I'm new to SDR, I hear this quite a bit, what is it? And how could I ID it in the future?
Thanks.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
SDR is a type of radio receiver. It means Software Defined Radio. Maybe you meant DMR. It means Digital Mobile Radio and is a type of modulation.
BB

nd5y

Radioflow

Is this in the US? What location are you hearing it in?
151.5375 is not a valid frequency allocation in the US.
The closest on either side would be 151.535 or 151.5425.
You can look up non-federal frequencies in the FCC database
FCC General Menu Reports
or
License Search - Advanced License Search
or the FCC data here on RadioReference
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db
Scroll down to Search FCC Licenses By State.

It's in the US, I'm situated in the Montebello area/East LA, It seems like some type of data, but I'd like to know where it's coming from/what it is. Here is an audio recording I took from SDR# when I was listening to it:
https://u.nya.is/nkmejp.wav

Radioflow

Interesting, Thanks. I can also hear things like Fox news around 10 seconds early in the 450MHz spectrum, I don't know how that could be either, I don't think things like wireless headphones are supposed to TX to that spectrum, so that's a bit strange.

KA4UUF

It looks like it is a MURS vhf frequency a licence free vhf band or near it.
(Multiple use Radio Service) it might be in incriped most cheep radios will incript these days

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Aero125

Interesting, Thanks. I can also hear things like Fox news around 10 seconds early in the 450MHz spectrum, I don't know how that could be either, I don't think things like wireless headphones are supposed to TX to that spectrum, so that's a bit strange.

You are hearing the IFB feed from the news station which enables field reporters to hear on the air audio and messages for live reporting. News station are mostly in the 450-451 Mhz area.

Status
Not open for further replies.