Frequency Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nra582

Hello All. I'm trying to find the frequencies for a small college's police force. I've entered every singal frequency that is licensed to the university on the FCC's ULS website into my scanner (There were about 5 different licenses that the college had.) I know that they use their radios quite often, yet none of the frequencies I entered seem to have any activity minus a few that are used for the maintance team. Does anyone have any suggestions where to search/scan for them? I'm assuming they have to be on some VHF or UHF frequency, I doubt they are using anything lower than 150MHz. I have been scanning the 5 MURS channels as well, but I would find it hard to believe they would be using MURS or GMRS. They would have to have a license, wouldn't they? Any thoughts/comments on this?

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
nra582 said:
Hello All. I'm trying to find the frequencies for a small college's police force. I've entered every singal frequency that is licensed to the university on the FCC's ULS website into my scanner (There were about 5 different licenses that the college had.) I know that they use their radios quite often, yet none of the frequencies I entered seem to have any activity minus a few that are used for the maintance team. Does anyone have any suggestions where to search/scan for them? I'm assuming they have to be on some VHF or UHF frequency, I doubt they are using anything lower than 150MHz. I have been scanning the 5 MURS channels as well, but I would find it hard to believe they would be using MURS or GMRS. They would have to have a license, wouldn't they? Any thoughts/comments on this?

Thanks
Welcome to the site.
Without some basic information, like name of the college, location (city, or county, and state), it would be pretty much impossible to give you much assitance other than a guess.
Are they bonafide, sworn, police officers, or a security detail. If actually security, they could be contracted from a private company, using that company's radios and repeater system. Or maybe leasing use of a commercial system, which might not show the college's, or security company's, name on any of the FCC data.
If they have radios installed in their vehicles (and don't exclusively use handheld radios when in their cars), the length of the antennas on the cars should help you to at least identify which band they are in.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I will add my welcome to the site and then ask that you re-post this question in your regional (state) forum. Thanks, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.